Orchid photostacks - cause i am so bored of being stuck inside

Hi All,

I hope all of you are safe. I am staying at home doing what I am told to "flatten the curve"

The images were shot with a D850 with a 105mm macro at f8. a photo stack of 50 images was used and stacked with Zerene stacker.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo 1: Cattleya #2

Photo 2: Cattleya #3

Photo 3: Paphiopedilum #3

Photo 4: Paphiopedilum #4

I was strongly influenced by Irving Penn's book "Worlds in a Small Room" which is a series of portraits of people (mostly indigenous) who were posed against a neutral background and isolated from their environment. In this series I am taking orchids and perhaps other objects and isolating them from their environment.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"mom wouldn't be bored if she cuddled me more. Just saying...." - Georgie Beagle

I was strongly influenced by Irving Penn's book "Worlds in a Small Room" which is a series of portraits of people (mostly indigenous) who were posed against a neutral background and isolated from their environment.
He also used a similar approach with tabletop photography of objects including food. His approach has inspired much of my photos of food.

WOW
I heard about focus stacking, but never thought much about it.
But for still life, like that, cool.
Now I have something to research and do while I'm cooped up in the house.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Was nominated as a feature, and I got to pick which one, so I picked your fourth image, great detail with the fine wisps and just stunning and sharp.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom