Orchids on white

Hi All,

Georgie and I have been doing some more macro photography and we are working with a white background to isolate the flowers.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D850 105mm f2.8 micro Nikkor. F4.5 1/20th sec 63 image focus stack. stacked with Zerene stacker.

I'l love to know what you all think.

Cheers
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"why 63 images? 'cause i delete the ones that go past the focus depth the beagle wants....." - Georgie Beagle

Wonderful, as always.

It's so interesting to me to have the variety of both bright and dark backgrounds, as each has its own merits. I've been using gradients as backgrounds in my drop art photos, which has gotten me to wonder if a bright gradient would work well for this type of photo, such as one that goes from purple to green, the two dominant colors in your subject. Perhaps it would be distracting, but certainly worth a try to find out about that.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Stunning! That's what I think about it!!!! Really a "Fine Art" type of print! Compelling and interesting composition! Technically flawless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stunning! That's what I think about it!!!! Really a "Fine Art" type of print! Compelling and interesting composition! Technically flawless.
Thanks Karen, your words are too kind.

Wonderful, as always.

It's so interesting to me to have the variety of both bright and dark backgrounds, as each has its own merits. I've been using gradients as backgrounds in my drop art photos, which has gotten me to wonder if a bright gradient would work well for this type of photo, such as one that goes from purple to green, the two dominant colors in your subject. Perhaps it would be distracting, but certainly worth a try to find out about that.
Thanks for your kind words. I have shot this orchid on both white and black backgrounds and I really like them both as they are so different. As you suggest a gradient would be interesting. I shall see if I can get a gradient background. BTW I really like your water drops photos and am inspired by them.

Amazingly sharp and detailed.
Thanks Nick!
well taken shot.
Thanks Gordon!

It is interesting this shot is of the same orchid I posted her several months ago. It is still in bloom and keeps producing flowers....

Cheers,

"the folks here at the café are so nice. " - Georgie Beagle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
cool shot and the details are impressive, those little hairs are awesome
Hi Randy,
Thanks for your kind words. I am so impressed with the detail one can get out of today's modern cameras.
I'm Glad to hear you are now negative on the covid front; this is positive news...

What I think...is that I like this very much. Definitely needs to be printed and admired by others.
Thanks for the kind words, I am doing a series of flower shots with black and white backgrounds printed on a heavy art paper. Hopefully there will be 10 images, 5 on black and 5 on white.

Cheers,

" I like black and white 'cause I'm a dog..." - Georgie Beagle

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom