Ordered the Fuji S5

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by jfrancis, Jun 11, 2007.

1. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    After weeks of mental gymnastics on this, I finally bit the bullet and ordered an S5 as backup to my D2x. I thought about a D200. I considered another D2x. I thought about what I really needed in another camera, and apart from compatibility with my Nikon lenses, what I really wanted was improved dynamic range handling.

I finally decided after playing with a bunch of images taken by my girllfriend with her S5. I found that using ACR 4.1, I could regularly recover highlight detail from up to 4 stops of overexposure. Pretty amazing. I couldn't come remotely close to that with my D2x images.

So . . . B&H now has some more of my money . . . :biggrin:

2. Please keep us updated as to what you think are the good/bad on this camera... I am looking into getting another camera to replace my D70s within the year, and as I am getting more into portraits/weddings, I find I want a camera that does high ISO/nice skin tones... but I cna't make up my mind which is the camera for me, the S5 pro is definitely a consideration.

3. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Grats on the S5

Grats on the S5, I hope you like it as much as I do. After my local camera shop let me play with one for a few days, I was sold.

Now I am enjoying the S5 and put my D200 up for sale. I don't have any people pictures yet but am impressed with the scenics I have shot so far.

Here are a few from last Saturday running around St. Pete Florida. And of course, comments critique and questions are welcome:

538090212_70877a189c_b.

View attachment 100239

View attachment 100240

Hopefully I can get some people practice soon. Unfortunately, I do not have willing family members to bribe (or threaten) to sit for me :biggrin::frown::smile:

Peace
    Mark

4. Congrats on the new S5!

I also used ACR for my Fuji S3 RAW pics and will vouch for the amazing 'recovery potential' of that combo.

Please let us know how the camera works out for you.

Regards
    JohnG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.