Oregon coast pics

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 6, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

This one is the port at Astoria on the Columbia.
    [​IMG]
    This one is in the Lincoln City area.
    [​IMG]
    Some folks looking for Whales
    [​IMG]
    This last one was a day of flat light so I was searching for something different and spotted this lady painting.Its the Siletz bay.
    [​IMG]

Please mention anything I may have missed,photoshop or otherwise.All your eyes are better than my two.

2. Good shots Pete. Very interesting area your are traversing.

3. Very nice photos, and bring back memories.

Oregon coast is spectacular. I remember my brother taking me to Sea Lion Caves and surrounding regions. Lovely views, but often quite windy.

4. I think you did a fantastic job. I was looking at all them and they all beautiful and I couldn't pick one just one I liked because I like them all.

5. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Great shots. Thanks for taking me back. I lived in Lincoln City for a while. Much better place to visit, that's for sure! I like the painter on Siletz Bay.

6. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks everyone.Im glad some of you have been to these places and hopefully share in my excitement.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice. Beautiful coast as you have mentioned.

I very much like the last image.

Could be a grand photo. Not all sure what it needs yet, gotta look some more.
    The sky needs some fixin.. Think some corp on left side. Maybe crop down the sky a bit.
    I really love that image and love the artists rendition of what she is seeing.

Wish I had some time to work on this one........little darker maybe....LAB mode might help here. Pull the colors apart a bit. Perhaps enhance color or selective color.

Just my thoughts. Hope you do not mind.
    Tad sharpen.

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Gale...dont mind it bit. I agree with what you are saying.I've messed with it in elements several times and left it where you see it. It was strange light like we often get here on our coast.The best way I could explain would be that there is fog that hovers 200 ft or so above the ground and the day cant decide if its going to be sunny or foggy..like its neither so you get some of each mixed together. The kind of light where its almost better to just do BnW photos...does that make sense?