'Oregon' Junco + a few others

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Nikam, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Been going to a few of my favourite spots out in the 'bush' this last week.

The first two are (if my ID is correct) of the 'Oregon' version of the Black-eyed Junco.

View attachment 11833

I was looking for something larger, but all I met up with was a pair of squirrels. This one let me get quite close for in the wild. Usually they dash around to the other side of the tree.

The little lake I often hike to has several types of ducks, but most stay well away from shore. I caught an American Coot and a Ruddy Duck close to shore - not the greatest pics - but I take what I can get in the wild.

View attachment 11835

View attachment 11836

Lastly, one of the plentiful chipmonks:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Dennis. As usual, I like the birdie shots, but I really like the squirrels, and especially the chipmunk. I see those from time to time, but they always skitter away before I can get the cam up. 8)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Have to agree with Flew......

I haven't seen a chipmonk in years and they are just so cute.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Dennis! Like Flew and Gale, I haven't seen a chipmunk in a while - thanks for posting such a good one! The ruddy duck is so much fun to watch the way they motor around the pond and to photograph - nice capture.