Oregon Lighthouse

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dweikum, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dweikum

dweikum

Apr 15, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    orig.gif

I took this one on a recent trip to Oregon. Had my wife and kids with me, and those of you who have kids know how that impacts your photo ops.

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    That is the Heceta Head Lighthouse, just north of Florence. Very Nice shot.

3. It is a very beautiful shot. I like the visual design and the lighting that makes the lighthouse pop in the beautiful light.
    I noticed the simplicity of the gear used. Another good example that a good photographer can do outstanding work with the minimum even if he has his family with him.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

4. [​IMG]Not meaning to hijack your post--but, I was there on a foggy windy day in mid June.

I've never seen it bright and sunny in 3 trips! Love the saturation you've managed!

5. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Duane, boy do I know what it is like taking photos with kids around! That brought a smile to my face because quite often I'm with my kids and wife, and well, the experience involves much more than just setting up, looking deeply, working the scene, composing, and taking the shot, etc. Great shot of Heceta Head. I'll be headed down that way later in September or October.

Best,

N

6. beautiful lighthouse
    in which city was this?

love both pictures

7. Nick: I like your picture but it needs a little help. Please, go back to it and in Photoshop duplicate the background and in the layer's mode go to OVERLAY. Just by doing this you should notice a significant improvement in your photograph.
    Right now it looks dull due to the lack of contrast. I thought that it had a slight magenta cast, at least in my calibrated monitor, so I made the adjustment adding some green to taste.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

8. Beautiful shot, Duane.

9. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Beautiful photo. Would make an excellent wall hanging, say about 24x36!

10. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Greg,
    This light house is a few mile north of Florence Oregon.

11. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Here is one of mine from Fl.
    [​IMG]

I have this on my wall.

Phil............:smile:

12. thanks
    i really appreciate that
    i thought that i'd seen it in person on a motorcycle trip a few years ago... but, wasn't sure

13. dweikum

dweikum

Apr 15, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Thanks VERY much everyone for the good words! I'm quite happy with how this came out, considering how much effort went into it. ;)

Spectre, Thanks for the reminder!

Nacho, Glad to hear I made you smile! Generally, I have about 15 seconds to do all that in...I'm getting pretty good at the quick-draw! :biggrin:
    At the Montery Aquarium a couple weeks ago, I had my monopod trying to get some shots of the jellies...the 2 yr old thought it was a fun pole to spin around.

camerapapi, Thanks VERY MUCH for the glowing comments! The gear/setup was even less than it appears...this was handheld and I had about 5 minutes at the side of the road to do it in...lucky for me my boys had a call to nature so I had to pull over, plus my wife brought some snacks. ;) No way I was going to get a sunset out of it, that would have been another 20 minutes or so and we were dangerously low on snacks.

Palouse, Not at all, the more the merrier!

Sanford504, That's a good idea, thanks!

14. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Pretty Shot!