Oregon views

Hi Folks,

We are back from an extended week-end trip to Oregon and to the Walla Walla area in the state of Washington, for some R&R and wine tasting. First I must say that I was really impressed with the quality and variety of the offerings in the Walla Walla valley. And what nice people to boot! A welcome change from the "snootiness and snobiness" than can occur from time to time in the Napa Valley in California...

But enough about my drinking habit... :wink: Here are a shot from the famous Multnomah Falls, along the Columbia River gorge, and a panorama of the river, taken from the Maryhill winery (a highly recommended stop! :lol::lol:).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A larger image is available here: http://proger.smugmug.com/photos/18971958-O.jpg. Note that the panorama was made with 8 Basic JPEG files obtained when shooting RAW+JPEG, stitched with Autostitch, for quick web viewing. I may go back and process the RAW files better and redo it later, but I wanted to share this magnificent vista.

The waterfall is awesome and of course also the pic of it. I could spend hours in such a place getting hypnotized by the water.
Pano is also well done.

Hmmmm....I've got an Aunt in Oregon....I think you just gave me a "photographic" reason to go visit her! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!

Fantastic waterfall shot ! It's so seldom that nature obliges and provides a decent viewing spot when you find falls like these :(

Celia : The software used to stitch the shots is called Autostitch and can be downloaded at www.autostitch.net. There a growing number of us "Pano Fanatics" it seems and I for one love this piece of software :D

Thank you all for the very nice compliments! I am sorry for getting back to you late... :oops: I see that Celia's question about Autostitch was answered: thanks Doug!

This is indeed a magnificent view. Here is another, which show more of the fall (I really needed more than 17mm: I can see a 12-24 in my future... :p!)

The only regret is not having spent more time there... but we were on a "mission": get to Walla Walla by the end of the day. And we had a stop to make on the way... the Maryhill winery seen here: :lol: 8) :lol:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom