Oregon views

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Philippe Roger, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Hi Folks,

We are back from an extended week-end trip to Oregon and to the Walla Walla area in the state of Washington, for some R&R and wine tasting. First I must say that I was really impressed with the quality and variety of the offerings in the Walla Walla valley. And what nice people to boot! A welcome change from the "snootiness and snobiness" than can occur from time to time in the Napa Valley in California...

But enough about my drinking habit... :wink: Here are a shot from the famous Multnomah Falls, along the Columbia River gorge, and a panorama of the river, taken from the Maryhill winery (a highly recommended stop! :lol::lol:).

18971956-L-1.

18971958-L.
    A larger image is available here: http://proger.smugmug.com/photos/18971958-O.jpg. Note that the panorama was made with 8 Basic JPEG files obtained when shooting RAW+JPEG, stitched with Autostitch, for quick web viewing. I may go back and process the RAW files better and redo it later, but I wanted to share this magnificent vista.

2. The waterfall is awesome and of course also the pic of it. I could spend hours in such a place getting hypnotized by the water.
    Pano is also well done.

3. WOW

Gil

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful shots Philippe!! Another place I need to visit. :wink:

Frank

5. Very nice

I really like the waterfall photo. The colors are stunning.

Jeff

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    NicE!. exposure is perfect.

7. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Wonderful Phillipe. Have to visit the place.

8. That's as good a photo as I have seen of Multnomah falls Phillipe. Really well done.

9. WOW, very nice Philippe!!! :) :) :) :) :)

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Phillipe, that waterfall is awesome

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hmmmm....I've got an Aunt in Oregon....I think you just gave me a "photographic" reason to go visit her! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!

12. Very nicely done the waterfall is perfect, looks and sounds liek you had a great time. lets see soem more please

13. celia bule

celia bule Guest

I just love the pano. How did you do it?

14. Beautiful shot of a wonderful place!

15. Fantastic waterfall shot ! It's so seldom that nature obliges and provides a decent viewing spot when you find falls like these :(

Celia : The software used to stitch the shots is called Autostitch and can be downloaded at www.autostitch.net. There a growing number of us "Pano Fanatics" it seems and I for one love this piece of software :D

16. Thank you all for the very nice compliments! I am sorry for getting back to you late... :oops: I see that Celia's question about Autostitch was answered: thanks Doug!

This is indeed a magnificent view. Here is another, which show more of the fall (I really needed more than 17mm: I can see a 12-24 in my future... :p!)

18971955-L.

The only regret is not having spent more time there... but we were on a "mission": get to Walla Walla by the end of the day. And we had a stop to make on the way... the Maryhill winery seen here: :lol: 8) :lol:

18971957-L.

17. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Nice capture Philippe. I can feel the mist. Love to be there. Thanks for sharing.