Original Rainbow Cone

I visited the Original Rainbow Cone ice cream parlor on 92nd Place & Western Ave in Chicago, Illinois this afternoon. I remember my parents taking our whole family to this parlor several times when I was a kid. This is the first time that I visited the store since the mid-70's! This business has been in operation since 1926.
http://rainbowcone.com/

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D800, 14-24

I ordered the Large Original Rainbow Ice Cream Cone and it was as good as I remembered it to be!

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Glenn, it is a lovely shot. I wish there had been some persons in the sidewalk just to add the human figure to the building but that is optional.
The color of the building been like it is attracts attention because it is a warm color and that helps to make the photograph. I see no shadows so I assume it could have been cloudy bright although the sky does not seem to go with it. I bet you had to lift the contrast to make it look as it is.
Good job Glenn, it is a great shot.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL, south side of Chicago reminds me of Jim Croce and "Bad, bad, Leroy Brown"...! :biggrin:
Thanks William...I always enjoy listening to Jim Croce!

Glenn, it is a lovely shot. I wish there had been some persons in the sidewalk just to add the human figure to the building but that is optional.
The color of the building been like it is attracts attention because it is a warm color and that helps to make the photograph. I see no shadows so I assume it could have been cloudy bright although the sky does not seem to go with it. I bet you had to lift the contrast to make it look as it is.
Good job Glenn, it is a great shot.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.
William, you have a good eye! There was cloud cover and the sky appeared to be a white haze while I was taking the picture. The photograph was very flat coming out of the camera. I boosted the contrast a lot and tried to bring back some color in the sky. I was amazed how much information was available to pull out of this raw file.

Great story and shot!

Samuel
Thank you, Samuel

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom