Orland Park Train Station

From last night...the Orland Park Train Station. Orland Park is a southwest suburb of Chicago.

2021-03-21 station-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Well done, Glenn. Strong composition, technicals and processing.....as usual. Do any of the train lines offer passenger service any more? I remember taking the train from California to New Mexico back when I was a kid............

Another pleasing photo! The clock apparently isn't running. Can you determine from your full-size image if the fence poles in the center are still connected by the fence? Not possible to know for sure at this small size except that the sign near the left side of the frame seems to be suspended from that fence.

Well done, Glenn. Strong composition, technicals and processing.....as usual. Do any of the train lines offer passenger service any more? I remember taking the train from California to New Mexico back when I was a kid............
Thanks Karen...this train is a commuter line that runs from the south suburbs to downtown Chicago.

The train lines still offer passenger service. One of the local lines runs from Chicago to New Orleans. But, Amtrak offers train service to many cities. It's not cheap (more expensive than a flight). And, the ride is 43 hours one way.

Glenn

Another pleasing photo! The clock apparently isn't running. Can you determine from your full-size image if the fence poles in the center are still connected by the fence? Not possible to know for sure at this small size except that the sign near the left side of the frame seems to be suspended from that fence.
Thanks Mike...the clock is accurate. I captured this photo at about 6:30pm last night and that's what the clock on the clock tower reads.

Looking at the full resolution image, all of the center fence poles are connected with lines of wire. The sign is suspended on the wiring.

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom