1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OS X - clam shell mode annoyance

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by menos, Aug 19, 2009.

1. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    How do I completely turn off clam shell mode?

I never ever use clam shell mode, as I work with notebooks.
    I work on the notebook main screen and have external displays attached in my office and at home.

I use a Logitech VX Nano mouse with USB receiver always attached.

One major annoyance with the (for it's purpose fantastic) clam shell mode is that if the USB mouse is moved while the external display is attached and the notebook is closed, it will start the clam shell mode and will not switch back to the main display.

2. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    Unfortunately not Larry.
    It seems, the whole world want to have it enabled and running, as all search results in the known places turn out to be tips, to enable and fix it.

I have not found any solution, to actually disable it.

3. Would it make a difference if you used a bluetooth mouse? Maybe it's something to do with the fact that you're using a mouse with a USB dongle?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.