1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Osama is Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuisseNik, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. US killed him a week ago, sorry not related to Nikon, pretty big news though

2. FEDGE

FEDGE

Jan 26, 2011
    Toronto
    Just seen this on the news. The way they are spinning this though, just seems too strange. I don't know if I believe this.

3. DNA and body evidence apparently, but we'll have to wait for confirmation

4. Taken with a Nikon of course!!:biggrin:

5. Twitter crashing in 3...2...1... :biggrin:

Sean

6. Keithj34

Keithj34

Oct 22, 2008
    Dalton, GA
    Now just have to be concerned about retaliation by them for his death.. But until then time to crack a beer and the song "Celebration" comes to mind

7. This is good news for the world

8. FEDGE

FEDGE

Jan 26, 2011
    Toronto
    Somewhere a camel is crying.

9. LOL :biggrin: and with a Gitzo 'pod, VR-II glass & RRS head! :cool: 

And Donald Trump gets credit? :eek: :wink::rolleyes: 

10. Hopefully the world is a safer place.

11. I, as most people, are happy that hes dead. But I cant imagine that his people, and those who follow him/are involved, are going to just sit back and do nothing, and thats one of the scariest aspects of it.

12. US Special Forces ... on the ground. Good on y'all!!

Just too bad it took this long.

Ken

13. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    God Bless our Special Forces!

14. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    that is the problem,
    i can understand the joking about his death,
    but the problem is that his extremists have always said, that if osama is killed they will launch the nuclear weapons they have.

15. Exactly Vinny. I could imagine, that Osama bin Laden, even left specific instructions to his people on how to retaliate, or what to do in case of his death.

16. Yeah baby!!!

17. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Retaliation yes...nukes? Never heard anything about that, doesn't mean it's not true. My thought is if they had them they would have already used them.
    Question now becomes will Osama have more impact dead then he had alive the last couple of years?

18. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    im watching the english bbc live feed at the moment and apparently all US bases in europe have gone on the highest alert.

19. emoxley

emoxley

Nov 21, 2010
    Eastern NC
    No, the President said it happened today. A week ago, the military was given permission, by the President, to go in and get him. He said he'd decided the intelligence was enough to go in. It just took this long to actually do it, and keep Americans and civilians safe, during the raid.
    Oh happy day!

20. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    I'm more shocked that this thread is still up then Osama being dead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.