Osprey-Eagle Battle continues

The Eagle appears on the scene. . . has a determined look I would say
77373952.odYrBi0z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First he tries going right for the fish from underneath.
77373955.a9Z9GXVX.jpg

77373958.zDAbQTVl.jpg

77373960.xeGpxIX7.jpg

Closing in!
77373962.Hgmo6MuU.jpg

Here, it looks like he nails the Osprey. . . but happily all eventually flew away apparently uninjured.
77373964.GNE0lRYB.jpg

has a determined look I would say, says Mr. Ricco and yes Mr. Ricco is right as do all eagles. This one looks to me to be a good size female and heres some info about why she (and all eagles) look fierce.
Quote, NY States web Journey North,

The eagle has a little bit of bare skin between its eyes and its beak, and a bony ridge above its eyes. That bony ridge makes its face appear fierce to us. Feel above your own eye. You have a bony ridge above your eyes, too, but in most people it's not quite as noticeable as on an eagle, and certainly doesn't make you look fierce!

Hey Mr. Ricco nice photos again. I bet that eagle has that Osprey all figured out and watches it more than it watches the water for a fish of it's own.:smile: :smile: However the Osprey is one great fishman/fisherwomen and I love watching both in action. Keep watching Mr. Ricco and don't forget to share with us.
Lou

has a determined look I would say, says Mr. Ricco and yes Mr. Ricco is right as do all eagles. This one looks to me to be a good size female and heres some info about why she (and all eagles) look fierce.
Quote, NY States web Journey North,

The eagle has a little bit of bare skin between its eyes and its beak, and a bony ridge above its eyes. That bony ridge makes its face appear fierce to us. Feel above your own eye. You have a bony ridge above your eyes, too, but in most people it's not quite as noticeable as on an eagle, and certainly doesn't make you look fierce!

Hey Mr. Ricco nice photos again. I bet that eagle has that Osprey all figured out and watches it more than it watches the water for a fish of it's own.:smile: :smile: However the Osprey is one great fishman/fisherwomen and I love watching both in action. Keep watching Mr. Ricco and don't forget to share with us.
Lou

Lou, I guess I need to learn the "bird sexes." Please tell us why you find this one a female. Thanks.

Lou, I guess I need to learn the "bird sexes." Please tell us why you find this one a female. Thanks.

Well Mr. Ricco from your photo it looks to me like a female because of it's beak size and shape. I can't be 100% sure and really no one can from a photo as the only way for sure is to have the bird and do some math with a micrometer. On my web home page is a link on telling the gender of a bald eagle, take a look at it and you will see what I mean. www.loubuscher.com
I also have some photos of this being done on birds that are rehabbed and released back to the wild. Take a look at this link also and check the thumbnail photos as there are several showing this being done
http://www.loubuscher.com/jakes_rehab.htm Hope this helps and feel free if you need more info.
Lou

Well Mr. Ricco from your photo it looks to me like a female because of it's beak size and shape. I can't be 100% sure and really no one can from a photo as the only way for sure is to have the bird and do some math with a micrometer. On my web home page is a link on telling the gender of a bald eagle, take a look at it and you will see what I mean. www.loubuscher.com
I also have some photos of this being done on birds that are rehabbed and released back to the wild. Take a look at this link also and check the thumbnail photos as there are several showing this being done
http://www.loubuscher.com/jakes_rehab.htm Hope this helps and feel free if you need more info.
Lou

Thanks a million for the links.

Very interesting set with all the action Hollywood loves to see. *-) I saw a similar "adventure" a while back, but it was a pair of osprey chasing a poor bald eagle away from their nesting area. It was an adult baldy..but the larger osprey was bigger than the eagle. One of the larest osprey I've seen. Eagle didn't stick around long. I got some pics, but from a good distance off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom