Osprey- flight shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 29, 2005.

1. I see Harris throw this out like chewing candy :lol: thought I would give my hand at it. Not very common, went 3 hours north on the weekend to check things out and I lucked out. Have 1 Gig shots of ospreys, and this is the first one post processed. got tired of hummers for awhile.

Man Harris, these little birdies are fast too......... with my 400mm, either too close, too far, cut off heads/tails but sure was fun :wink:

sharpen for web and that is it.........and change to sRGB for webviewing

original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Keith..

Great job....

more........

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice...

4. Great shot Keith, I really think you need to come down next weekend with that big ol lens and really give it a go. 8)

Of course, you'd need about 10 gigs of storeage, maybe more.

5. Hi Gale..............

thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed your long weekend!!!!
    Keith

6. Thanks Dave...........

Harris, would luv to come on one of these trips, dont tease me!!! Have 30gb's to play with, so 10 will just put a small dent in it. LOL...............But Januaray, when we are freezing down here, sounds like more fun so I have an opportunity to wear shorts again ;-)

7. I have the biggest grin on my face right now!! WOW!!! :D :D :D

8. Hey...

where you been hiding. LOL..........

thanks Bryan, hope to post a couple of more I lucked out on............. never enough time in the day!

Keith

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's a beauty!

10. Very impressive Keith. I find it tough to get that much light on the underside of the bird - what is your secret?

11. Thanks Leigh and Rory........

Hi Rory, luv to say there was a secret, shooting birds in flight is relatively new to me. I have been playing around allot for focusing and metering, I just got to keep better notes to figure out what I did right or what adjustments i have made for focus/metering. LOL..............This one was matrix +.7 EV and I bumped it .17EV in capture, that is it. The sky is natural, not a cloud in the sky!!

thanks for commenting
    Keith

12. WOW, what a killer shot Keith. One word Awesome.
    Thanx for sharing.

13. Very nice they are fantastic creatures, I cam across a stuffed one that was stuffed back in 1896 or so, it is magnificent looking very well preserved.
    I like the nice warm colors of this shot, isn't it great how they look at you

14. Keith,
    That's really a cool shot.

I suppose you took that with your Nikon 400mm AF-S f2.8?

15. Thanks Yanni

Appreciate you taking the time to look :lol:
    Welcome aboard if I havent said, great group of people here!

16. Thanks Mike!!!!

and yes the are beautiful creatures!! Yep she sure wasnt happy I was around, she circled me, screamed for about 10-15minutes, she must have had a nest somewhere near by. Having said that, what fun it was!!!
    The warm colors is exactly what it was ;-)

17. Thanks Bob........

and yes these were with the 400mm af-s f2.8 without TC

thanks for looking
    Keith

18. The Hummingbird guy does big birds too!

Nice one Keith. :)

Martin