Osprey in action building a nest

Here are a few more shots from this last Sunday while watching a pair of Osprey go about building their nest.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 91400

View attachment 91401

View attachment 91402

View attachment 91403

View attachment 91404

View attachment 91405

Louie

Wow! These are so great! Wonderful action shots and tack sharp! Did you mention you used 300F4 on your last post?

Wonderful set Louie. Don't you just love shooting these guys (and gals)? :smile:

Wonderful set Louie. Don't you just love shooting these guys (and gals)? :smile:

I have to tell you Frank, it's probably as enjoyable as anything I've shot. I feel very fortunate that we have this nest so close, such that we really can get to watch all of the activity, which by itself is astonishing, but to be able to capture some of the action is a real treat. I really do love shooting Ospreys.

Thanks for taking a look.

Louie

I have to tell you Frank, it's probably as enjoyable as anything I've shot. I feel very fortunate that we have this nest so close, such that we really can get to watch all of the activity, which by itself is astonishing, but to be able to capture some of the action is a real treat. I really do love shooting Ospreys.

Thanks for taking a look.

Louie
Louie,

I know just how you feel. On our vacation last June, Janie and I went down to the Osprey nest near the lighthouse on Sanibel where a trio of fledglings were just starting to fly. I must have taken 2,500 shots during that week, just of these birds. One of them tried to land on a power line and missed, badly scraping one leg. I got shots later on showing the abrasion on the side of its leg (not really that serious fortunately).

Andreas and I, and the rest of the MI4 west coast bunch shot thousands of images at the same nest in Feb. The light wasn't good, but the Osprey behavior certainly didn't disappoint. Shooting this species can truly get addictive, but in a very good way. :smile:

Wow! These are spectacular! How neat to be able to observe and document their nest-building activities! It will be fun to see their offspring in due course of time.... :smile:

What lens? 500mm would be my guess....

Thanks Connie. I sure look forward to documenting the arrival of chicks and that entire process. Yes, your guess is correct for most of these shots.

Louie

Now I feel like I'm repeating myself, but what else can I say but, Wow! I like them all but like the first one for the perspective and the last one because it just looks really great. Thanks for posting them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom