Osprey In-Flight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Got a couple shots this morning after Early Eagle Shoot.

Hope you enjoy

View attachment 92431

I'm not sure why but the bird is my Nemineses, just can't get him right.
  2. Gary,

you have to be kidding!!!! What is it you can't get right. Very nice as far as I'm concerned, but then what do I know?!

3. These aren't to bad but here is a shot where the same settings and same location and I got under exposure.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  4. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Not surprised you got underexposure if the bottom photo had the same settings as the top two. The sky in the bottom image is several shades brighter than midtone so your meter most likely raised your shutter speed to compensate thereby underexposing your bird.

The first two look very very good from here Gary! I think it's neat that you caught the nictating membrane over the eye in the second one.
  5. Thanks Andy

What do I do raise and lower exposure with every cloud?
  6. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    If your light is constant you can shoot with manual settings. That way it doesn't matter what kind of background your target flies in front of. As long as the light illuminating your subject doesn't change your good to go.

The second and tougher method is to keep your thumb on the back wheel and spin the appropriate number of clicks depending on the conditions. Takes a lot of practice and even then it's a crap shoot. That's why I'm very familiar with my delete button. :biggrin: I get it right about 30% of the time on a good day. It's too much for my pea brain to concentrate on.

7. I think that might work for sitting shots but In-flight no way for me hell I can't keep the damn bird in Frame.
  8. Gary, you're killing me with all of these beautiful Osprey shots. The pair we're watching up here are great but it's always a crap shoot as to whether there will be any light to some decent shooting of them.

9. Thanks Louie

These seem to like morning activity
  10. If it ain't eagles, it's ospreys! :rolleyes: Gary, you keep postin pics like these and I'm gonna have to get you to mail me some birdies! :wink: Beautiful! :biggrin:
  11. Here ya Go: :tongue:

12. HAHA, Gary! But did it have to be a turkey vulture!? :Shocked: :Dizzy: :tongue: :biggrin:
  13. You just said a birdie:

Here try this one ChinCheck.gif
  14. LOL, well it's a prettier birdie! Thanks! :tongue: :biggrin:
  15. Thanks Again Dianne