Osprey nest building

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hi All, Finally had a break in the weather today and boy was it windy and chilly this morning around 38 degrees. Stopped by my osprey nest and its coming out well! Here the male is bringing the mattress part of the nest:smile:

These were shot with my D70, 300mm F/4 and 1.4TC

She's happy to see me
    [​IMG]

Watching her male coming in
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shot would have been pretty good if that feather didn't block his right eye
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Anthony. You got these sharp, sharp, sharp. Very well exposed and processed as well. :smile:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I love the ones looking straight at you. lol They look cross eyed.
    I am still waiting for babies here.
    I did get some pics today of the parents and the nest.

You pictures are beautiful...

Think I will hide mine now:>))))

4. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Beautifully captured images Anthony. Great feather detail, even in the whites.

5. Beautiful set Anthony.

Louie

6. Hi Frank! My D200 is in for service at Nikon so I had to use my D70 and I forgot how great that little camera is! I did very little PP with these shots.

Thanks for the comments!

Anthony

7. Hi Gale, The eyes do it for me as well! Can't wait to see your little ones!

Thanks, Anthony

8. Thanks Hunter and Louie!

Anthony

9. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Dang Anthony! I echo exactly what Frank said - sharp, well exposed, and processed well. You are singing with that 300f/4 so take a stage bow. :biggrin:

10. Thanks Miko! That 300 f/4 is a great lens.

Anthony

11. Nice series Anthony but boy have they got a long way to go, hope she is not due for a bit:smile: :smile:
    Lou

12. Thanks Lou! I stopped by the nest on Friday and its been pretty windy and cold and most of the nest blew away...looks nothing like my photo! Back to nest building for my Jersey ospreys!

Anthony

13. Don't worry aout it as if they need to thay can put a nest together in a week. I just got the word from my son they are in at Cape Cod so I guess I will be taking a trip in May. To visit my son and grandaughters of cause :wink:
    Lou