Osprey Nest

I've been following the activity at this particular nest all season, unfortunately this is the only one that survived the heat wave we had a few weeks ago. The chicks are strong and beginning to flap their wings with a steady feeding by both adults. Here's a few from my visit to the nest a few evening ago.

DSC07711 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC07585-4 72wf.jpg

DSC07654 72wf.jpg

DSC07879 72wf.jpg

DSC06231 72wf.jpg

DSC06589 72wf.jpg

Louie

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Really a great set of images! My favs are 2 (great action shot) and 3 (interaction)!

That is awesome. We watched some at Hungry Horse Reservoir near Glacier NP last week. We could only see one chick, but we were quite far away. These photos let me know what I missed out on!!

Nice images and nice, photographer friendly, nest.
Thanks Bobby, it really is quite a photographer friendly nest, not too high up and easily accessible.
A very nice series Louis, especially number 6. I’ve heard reports of several monitored Osprey Nests in the Cathlamet area that lost chicks from the late June heatwave.
Thanks Vern, I know of three other nest that the chicks perished due to the extreme heat we had.

That is awesome. We watched some at Hungry Horse Reservoir near Glacier NP last week. We could only see one chick, but we were quite far away. These photos let me know what I missed out on!!
Thanks Terri, it's always fun and interesting to watch the activity that takes place at an Osprey nest.
Nice set, Louie. I really like those last two. Looks like mullet was on the menu. The universal coastal raptor treat.
Thanks Dan, I think you are right mullet on the breakfast menu.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom