1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Osprey overhead! (4 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by alexf, Aug 1, 2009.

1. I was birding at the beach and this lone osprey flew by. A rare sight at the beach here.

607867674_vdK6y-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

607867685_q9dcf-O.jpg

607867692_bUZd6-O.jpg

593963403_Enzrs-O.jpg

2. Nice set Alex.

3. Thanks for the comments. It was fun.

4. Good find Alex. We have lots of them here right now so I kind of take them for granted. They are always fun to watch and hunt.

5. Very nice alex. Can never get enough osprey shots. Btw, I'm currently in west yellowstone, on my annual motorcycle trip.

6. NYracefan

NYracefan

Nov 19, 2008
    Highland,NY
    Osprey are a favorite of mine also. Looks like you were in the right place at the right time and got some great results.

7. Great shots Alex! I have been watching the skies over South Florida and I have never been very lucky with ospreys. I see tons of seagulls though.
    For the first time this year I saw a red shoulder hawk at Shark Valley, Everglades National Park.

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

8. We have this lone osprey over the beach. He shows up every so often but seldom close enough for a shot, until this time.

There's no thing as a seagull, you know. What we have here are laughing gull, and ring-billed gulls. Seagulls exist only in literature. :smile:

9. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Great captures, Alex.

10. Another great series as usual from you. I like No. 3 the most.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.