Critique Osprey proudly perched on his throne

Took the boat out exploring the marshes this morning- first time in a while.
Lots has changed since last spring- the local storms were hard on some areas. Trees down, nests destroyed. But with change comes some new opportunities!
This dead tree was new, and it had some great light on it this morning- will revisit often. Osprey was perched here for a while, then flew off. I was hoping he would return, but no luck over the next hour or so.
Should be a great season.
Boy, these images lose a lot as a small file on the net. In a bigger print the detail is obvious and makes a difference, at least on this one.
gary

Chainoflakes10121  79828.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
You've captured and postprocessed with so much contrast that I'm having difficulty digesting it visually. As you say, the jpg compression may be diminishing the result for us, but still, perhaps it is worth a whirl through Ps to bring some midtones out?

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Knowing the limitation of the small jpeg image, it's still a beautiful photo. The branches are framing the bird very well.

Impressive image, Gary!
The bird and the dead tree work perfectly together.

Thanks all.
Much of my work is almost lithographic. I worked with kodalith films for a long long time, and just like that look. So rather than having a sweep of tones, these images often are just black/white and sometimes one or two central grey tones.
Still not sure what happened on posting. I went back to the tiff I printed from and saved it as a small jpg again- this looks better. It is an action so nothing should have changed, but it did. Weird.
gary

Repost:
Chainoflakes10121  79828 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Second posting is much better. First one looked over exposed in the light to mid tones. This one preserves with wonderful tones and textures of the wood! Thanks for re-posting!

Latest threads

Top Bottom