Osprey with slow Shutter speed

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 22, 2007.

1. I had forgot to reset my camera before making the shot, but I thought it was Cool

Osprey.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It is cool
    The head is sharp
    Nice

Flying umbrella:>)))

3. Thanks I had the f22 from previous shooting yesterday and slowed the shutter down

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    The shot works because the head and the body are sharp and the blurred wings give one the feeling of movement.

5. I totally agree with Harry on this one! Beautiful! Just Beautiful! I can almost feel the rush of his wings!

6. I thought it looked cool but I messed up in a hurry just didn't check Fstop

And had slow sutter speed but it was either take the shot or let it go becauseit was leaving the Roost

Thanks even accidents work once in a while

7. I asked myself recently, how many shots of Osprey do I need? I need something different. Showing just the right amount of movement in the wings might be challenging. I would have started at about with the shutter at 500 I think which since you shot at 200 might be a little slow.

8. Believe me if I had my way I'd prefer 1/1250 and Nothing under 1/500. This was a accident in that I didn't reset fstop after last shoot set at f22 should have been f8

9. Yes, but I like it. How many perfect shots of Osprey can one have? :)

10. I like the motion in the wings Gary. I think it's a great shot.
    Pete

11. I might have several hundred, but perfect? I still can imagine a better shot than I have.

Thanks Pete

I thought it was cool the way a "Goof" turned out my luck doesn't normally run that way.

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I like it too...it looks like it's actually flying and not just falling through the air.

13. Thanks Dave

Yes but I would lose more of these then I would get.

14. I like it. A nice change of pace and it is interesting. As others have said it gives me a sense of energy. Heck, I went out on my lunch hour and shot turtles.

15. Hey JR If you had fun Shooting Turtles That is what it is all about. I shot a mallard taking a bath and posted it to see if I would get responses to them. Many people would rather shoot more Exotic birds but can't. That surely shouldn't keep them from having fun with photos and posting.