Osprey with the Nikon 1 V3

Osprey have nests on many of the mile markers on the Tennessee River. This location is between the city of Guntersville and Guntersville Dam. Nikon 1 V3 on Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II from a boat. I am really looking forward to the new Nikon 1 70-300mm lens which should be perfect for Osprey photography.
The Osprey chicks are growing and I am really looking forward to getting the new lens that is on preorder.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice shot! Amazon just had one (V3) in stock, yesterday. I debated clicking the box, but I didn't. I checked back an hour later, and it was gone.

Beautiful pics! But something - if I am wrong, just disregard that - looks like the combo needs some FT, about -2. I've no idea if this is possible with new body. It is just little imperfections, and I could be wrong, but looks like this to my eyes. THX! LZ

Beautiful pics! But something - if I am wrong, just disregard that - looks like the combo needs some FT, about -2. I've no idea if this is possible with new body. It is just little imperfections, and I could be wrong, but looks like this to my eyes. THX! LZ
I just checked the manual and could not find Auto Focus Fine Tune. I have tuned my other cameras that have this feature.

Really great shots. I just ordered a V3. I was at Costco yesterday, and wanted to buy another card for my D800, checked out and they gave me one of those tiny cards that fits the V3. Didn't know until I got home (50 miles) and figured I better get something I can use the card in.

Really great shots. I just ordered a V3. I was at Costco yesterday, and wanted to buy another card for my D800, checked out and they gave me one of those tiny cards that fits the V3. Didn't know until I got home (50 miles) and figured I better get something I can use the card in.
That is the best idea yet that I have heard to get the V3. That should be used in the "What the Duck" photo comic strip.l

Jerry, I've been looking at them for awhile, reading everything I can find. Looks like a really nice compact camera. I think Costco sending me home with that little card was a hint to get one. Not sure whst i'll do with the ft1, I've got one now. Hsve a friend in Canada, I'll ask her if she wants it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom