Osprey's from Sandyhook, New Jersey

Hi All! Got up early today and headed for the Atlantic Ocean.

Thanks for looking!
Anthony

D70, Nikon 70-200mm VR

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Baby female

You were close enough he looked crossed eyed at ya. lolol

Great shots.
Thanks for sharing.

Gale said:
You were close enough he looked crossed eyed at ya. lolol

Great shots.
Thanks for sharing.
Hi Gail! I have two nests that I visit, one friendly and the other one not so friendly. That crossed eyed look is from this very aggressive female osprey that Love's flying as close to me as possible.

Anthony

Excellent shots Anthony. You need to come down to Florida for Merritt III. They are down there all the time. :wink:

Small world it is I will have to check a few thigns aout and get back to you soon, any idea how long of a ride from Cherry Hill to Sandy Hook, and are there any other oppurtunites besides osprey if I am going to drive there will ahve to make a day of it

mike mac said:
Small world it is I will have to check a few thigns aout and get back to you soon, any idea how long of a ride from Cherry Hill to Sandy Hook, and are there any other oppurtunites besides osprey if I am going to drive there will ahve to make a day of it
Mike, I did a Google map search and your about 75 miles away. Sandy Hook only attracts about 300 plus species of birds! Do a Goggle search on "Birds of Sandy Hook, NJ" or "Sandy Hook, NJ" tons of stuff. Here's one link: http://www.state.nj.us/travel/virtual/sandyhook/index.html

Anthony

Anthony, I looked at this thread and did a double take, they look rather familiar. Look here and see what you think:
https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=7496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

When this female flew by this close I got "The Eye" as well. Now, given that I was shooting with a 500mm lens plus 1.4 TC, she certainly was not as close as yours. It is grand that you have a nest where they are so friendly. THis next has 2 chicks, and I am going to try to stop by most days this week as I expected the chicks will be getting ready to fly in the not distant future.

Nice shots, I think these birds are really quite fascinating don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom