Osprey's from Sandyhook, New Jersey

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Hi All! Got up early today and headed for the Atlantic Ocean.

Thanks for looking!
    Anthony

D70, Nikon 70-200mm VR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Baby female
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You were close enough he looked crossed eyed at ya. lolol

Great shots.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Hi Gail! I have two nests that I visit, one friendly and the other one not so friendly. That crossed eyed look is from this very aggressive female osprey that Love's flying as close to me as possible.

Anthony

4. Awesome, I need to hook up with you one of these days and go Osprey shooting

5. Nice shots, guess I'm not the only one to get close today... :D

6. Mike, Time is running out soon. They are less active as they were prior. I think they are ready to migrate to South America very soon.

Anthony

7. Well if you are heading down this upcomign Suday let me know

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Anthony. You need to come down to Florida for Merritt III. They are down there all the time. :wink:

9. Well let's hope they stop in Florida before they go to S.A. Very nice shots! Especially the 2nd one. Wow!

10. Hi Mike! I'm hooking up with Gordan Large he says he knows you. Let me know if you would like to join us.

Anthony

11. Small world it is I will have to check a few thigns aout and get back to you soon, any idea how long of a ride from Cherry Hill to Sandy Hook, and are there any other oppurtunites besides osprey if I am going to drive there will ahve to make a day of it

12. Mike, I did a Google map search and your about 75 miles away. Sandy Hook only attracts about 300 plus species of birds! Do a Goggle search on "Birds of Sandy Hook, NJ" or "Sandy Hook, NJ" tons of stuff. Here's one link: http://www.state.nj.us/travel/virtual/sandyhook/index.html

Anthony

13. Anthony, I looked at this thread and did a double take, they look rather familiar. Look here and see what you think:
    https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=7496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

When this female flew by this close I got "The Eye" as well. Now, given that I was shooting with a 500mm lens plus 1.4 TC, she certainly was not as close as yours. It is grand that you have a nest where they are so friendly. THis next has 2 chicks, and I am going to try to stop by most days this week as I expected the chicks will be getting ready to fly in the not distant future.

Nice shots, I think these birds are really quite fascinating don't you?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017