Ospreys off the water

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Nice series Loumannnnnnn. Things are pretty slow here also. I have to hunt down my local ospreys. good news is the 12 closest ospreys (6 pairs) are all still here for the summer. they don't visit the nest anymore..but are still out there. Hard to chase them down in a boat, though. One good bit of luck recently. One of the pairs that got displaced due to some construction have decided to rebuild their nest where it was before the barge drive knocked it over. I am fortnate to have a pair of ospreys building a nest this time of year. I've never seen this before. Took 125 shots the other morning. Unheard of .....for this time of year. :) 

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Nice Lou,

Things have been so slow around here, until just yesterday, then I was in a full 8GB card mode, a far cry from the previous month or two.

3. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Very nice, Lou. What lens you using?

4. Hey Mike, thanks. How interesting to hear that you have a pair building a nest at this time of year. I'll expect some interesting shots following this build. It was really a disappointment that our nesting pair never came back this year. Maybe another pair will nest there next year. But for now we resigned to shooting them doing their fishing/diving tactics. Looking forward to some day getting down there with you for a day or two.

Louie

5. Very nice action shots. I like all teh water drops on the next to last one.

6. great shots Lou., these falcons have interrupted all my osprey shooting this year, but I hope I have a chance for next year., nothing like watching an osprey come out of the water with a big fish.

7. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hi Louis,
    I like when you get them in the spray of water. Great timing.
    Beautiful work.
    Regards.

8. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Fantastic shots Louie

9. Nice series Louis! Hard to pick a favorite but I do like the water splashing one!

10. Excellent action shots Louie, Very nice.

11. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    excellent Louie
    we are done here...the chicks are gone and so are the moms

12. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Been super slow around here Louie,at least on this day you had some good action and came home with some great captures.We just don't get to see these birds much here,thanks for sharing.

13. Louie, great shots the first one wow right down the slot. :smile::smile:

14. Louie great set. I just returned and was going to head that way in the morning but may pass after your report. Hope we get some more action later.

15. Hi Wade, a bit slow around here as well. I like your analogy of " full 8 gb card mode". Thanks for your comments. We got into some eagle action this weekend.

Thanks Toby. 500mm with a TC1.4 for most all shots.

Thanks Allan, I appreciate it.

Hi Raymond, boy I'm with you on the action of an osprey coming up with a fish. But your falcons shots have been superb.

Hi Gilles, I appreciate your comments very much.

Hi Jimmy, and thanks.

HI Andreas, thanks. You've got to get down here before it's all over with, which might not be long now.

Thanks Warren.

Thanks Randy. I hate to see it end for you, but it's almost ended up here as well.

Thanks Tim and thanks. I think we're toward the tail end of our osprey action.

HI Stan, thanks. HOw you doing?

HI JIm and thanks. We should get over there over the next few days because I think it's almost at its end.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.