Ospreys Ospreys and more Ospreys

Real Name
Randy
These are from last Thursday, my 1st day out this year on Lake Norman North Carolina. In previous years we have had 1-3 nests on shoal markers, this year I have already found 5 that are pretty close to the marina where I keep my boat, which is a good thing considering that gas will probably top $5 a gallon this year. Birds on Lake Norman have increased every year in the last 6 years since I started shooting them with this year seemingly the biggest increase.

These were shot with a D300s + 300vr + 1.7TC.
Somedays it's hard to tell the 300vr + 1.7 from the 500mm and I have to check to be sure (I wish the 300vr + 1.7 would show as 510mm:smile:)
EXIF should be attached.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great shots Randy. Wish I had an Osprey location...but alas their numbers are in decline here in Missouri. Glad I can view shots like these to tide me over!

Very nice work Randy. Sounds like you have a real hot spot to shoot at down there. Will not be long before the local pair near me start showing up. There are 2 nests, never know which of the 2 they will actually use, and one is really close, I hope this is the one they choose again this year (as they have for the last 2 seasons) Again, well done. I always enjoy the nest tending images.

Great Shots Randy. I am looking forward to photographing these guys this year. Hope mine turn out as good as yours.

Michael

Super set Randy. All I can hope for is that our ospreys will return to the old nest site. It has been three years since we got super close osprey shots.

Randy, those are amazing!! You make that lens-tc combo stand up and sing!! How close were you to the birds? Did you have to crop much on these? I'm shamelessly trying to compare your shooting conditions to my own. I have one other question: when you say the exif info should be "attached" should I be able to see the exif data right here in the cafe? I know I can download the photo and then see it that way but would prefer to not have to go that way if not necessary? Thanks Randy, again these are amazing shots!!

--Sarah

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom