Ospreys over Lake Washington

Couldn't have asked for a better morning this morning, the sun was up, the ospreys and terns were up and I was out shooting with Bill, Jim and Andy ready for some action shots.
Not sure I got the action shots I was hoping for but here is what I came away with in any event. All shot with D3, 500mm/TC1.4.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 216290

View attachment 216291

View attachment 216293

And one mighty Tern:
View attachment 216295

Louie

Last edited by a moderator:
Louie these like all your shots are top notch. It was a fun but frustrating morning. Lots of flight action but not much fish grabbing. We did get one osprey fishing after you left but it was a long ways off so you did not miss much. Fun times none the less.

These are great! I especially like the second osprey image, that frozen-moment-in-time aspect is very cool.

Good stuff, Louie!

I agree with Jim on the "frustration" part. I saw a lot of fishing action between 5AM and 5:45AM or so, before there was enough light to make it worthwhile. This pattern is certainly annoying ..... :mad::mad:

Louie these like all your shots are top notch. It was a fun but frustrating morning. Lots of flight action but not much fish grabbing. We did get one osprey fishing after you left but it was a long ways off so you did not miss much. Fun times none the less.
Thanks Jim, it was a fun morning. Hopefully the action isn't winding to and end anytime soon.

Looks fantastic!!! I say you are used to the D3 now! ISNT it amazing? ISO whatever!
Thanks Andreas, the D3 is truly fantastic. I'm not sure I've got it completely down quite yet on how to get the best out of it, but I'm giving it a galant effort.
Fantastic shots.

Thanks for taking a look.

Very Nice Louie

Looks like that Osprey has his share of tail biters :biggrin:
Thanks Ben, it sure does doesn't it.

Always a Pleasure opening your Posts Louie and This is no Exception!! Great Shooting!!
Thanks Gary.
Good stuff, Louie!

I agree with Jim on the "frustration" part. I saw a lot of fishing action between 5AM and 5:45AM or so, before there was enough light to make it worthwhile. This pattern is certainly annoying ..... :mad::mad:
Thanks Bill. Amen to the frustration level of late with them not showing.

Beautiful Louie! I hope to get some shots from my nest on Friday.
Thanks Anthony.

Another excellent series Louie, looks like you had the perfect day for shooting.
Hi Warren and thanks, had a great day.

These are great! I especially like the second osprey image, that frozen-moment-in-time aspect is very cool.
Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom