Oswald Shooting

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Jan 4, 2006.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

This is one of the vistas near Oswald State park and what Id like to know is
    whether the scene looks better with or without someone sitting on the bench?

I could live with it either way but tell me what you think? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful as is but then a single person on the bench would add a whole new dimension to it. Lonliness, quiet contemplation, someone to appreciate the beauty, etc.

3. Pete! That's not right. I was expecting to see a photo of Jack Ruby..........OOPS! I just dated myself,,,,,,,,,,uuuuh I was only 11 yo then.
    Anyway, I like it without. Nice shot BTW, what a beautiful view.

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Beautiful, but....

That is a lovely picture but I think a single person sitting in the correct posture would add to the message.

5. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Gordon and general many thanks looks like a person on the bench wins.

6. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

RB,uh oh I just dated myself too.We are very close in age and good memory you have there.Id have to use highly technical gear like my fingers to count that far back.Thanks for looking.

7. Howdy Pete

Hah, hah, hah, you have a lot of fingers.

8. insert Lee Harvey.
    Great image!
    Dave

9. Your title made me look. Guess I'm dating myself, too. :O I like it just like you've got it.

10. I was actually reluctant to look at this thread because I thought it might have something to do with Kennedy's assasination. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice photograph.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ooh! Nice Pic - I want to be there!

Yeah, but who?

[​IMG]

Oh.

Strange how an event over 40 years ago has affected us so, that the mere name of a participant, even in a different context, brings it all back.

12. I like the picture w/o anyone on the bench! It makes ME want to be the one on the bench. Great shot . . . .

13. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Good one Dave! LOL

14. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Miriam and Muril,thanks for your comments ! Funny how a title brings it all back.I had just got a transitor radio[rolf,remember those] for my birthday and really didnt understand at the time what was happening but I knew it serious stuff.

15. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Very Clever Chris,your killing me! LOL Thank You.

16. I think it works as is... Makes me want to sit on the bench myself. Beautiful image..

17. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Don, Looks like its a split between a person and no person.

18. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks 4labs, your swaying the vote to the no person side.