OSX 10.4.10 is out

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by JohnR, Jun 20, 2007.

1. The 10.4.10 Update is recommended for PowerPC and Intel-based Mac computers currently running Mac OS X Tiger. This update includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes or compatibility updates for the following applications and technologies:

- RAW camera support
    - Mounting and unmounting external USB devices
    - Support for 3rd party software applications
    - Security updates

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n305533.
    For detailed information on security updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.

2. Thanks John

3. Welcome Dave.

4. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Just downloaded it and installed without a hitch. One step closer to Leopard!

Lisa

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    22.1 MB for PowerPB, and 49 MB for Intel. Hmmm.

6. Thanks, John! I'm on the MBP sitting out on my deck right now, just running on battery, but when I take the computer back into the house and hook it back up I will run the update....and also update the others in their turn. That IS interesting how much more seems to be involved for an intel-based machine than the PPC....

7. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Excellent. I have encountered a couple of issues surrounding external USB drives. Maybe this will help resolve them. I have also encountered problems with my MBP locking up when running Mail and reading messages with rich content that invokes the Safari rendering engine. I hope all of these get fixed with this release.

8. That's interesting that you've had problems with external USB drives.... Actually, on my Macs I have been using primarily Firewire drives but have used a couple of older USB drives (used to live with/on my PC) as well and had no problems. Maybe I was lucky!

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Wonderful. Just downloaded and installed on to my MacBook Pro. Perfect timing too as I just did a shoot for a brochure last night and used my new Fuji S5 for the entire thing. After the OS update, Aperture opened all the files just fine. I have a wedding booked for next weekend - this update will really simply my workflow now.

10. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    No, what's interesting is that my MacBook Pro finished the job twice as fast as my iMac G5, even though the file size was more than double.

11. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    I think my problems have been related to unclean power to the enclosure, or the enclosure is starting to have problems. Once in a while I get a pop-up on the screen saying a drive was not unmounted cleanly, and I see the drive icon on the desktop disappear and reappear. I'm not really convinced the issue is related to OS X at this point. I am going to buy new enclosures with fans.

12. Walter, I have the same thing with a USB card reader, and it happens with all my Mac.

Just checked. It's the same after the update.

13. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I just read on CNet that the Apple update also includes RAW support for Canon's 1D Mark III and the D40x. No mention of a Nikon D3, though.

14. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    There is also support for the Leica M8. :940: woohoo!

15. Just updated, thanks for the info.