OT: A Gold Mine For Car Collectors

All nice but, engines rust inside if not properly preserved/sealed. Rubber rots. Plastic parts age harden and crack easily. Engine and other gaskets will leak.

Maybe buy one for show, but count on spending lots of money if you intend to drive it.

You would buy them for the history, but all of them will need extensive work..but that is part of the fun! :smile:
Gary

I just don't understand how people can afford to just store BRAND NEW cars for YEARS. That's just another financial class I'll never get into. Cool cars though...

fks

"City folk might find it unthinkable to leave so many vehicles lying around for so many years, but there's always more space in rural Nebraska, and the annual costs fall to zero quickly."

You must be city folk ;)

I just don't understand how people can afford to just store BRAND NEW cars for YEARS. That's just another financial class I'll never get into. Cool cars though...

I would rather have the same car with 100K on the odometer and regular maintenance than these.
The fluids in the block and tranny must be fused to all the moving parts by now, making it all junk.

These cars can serve as bench marks for other restorations. It's not often a low mileage car is found that's been left undisturbed. Car restoration people love to restore to the as delivered from factory level.

Latest threads

Top Bottom