OT: Any Quicken Users Here? - Need Help

I use Quicken 2009 almost everyday to input checking and credit card transactions, and to track my investments (updating the share price on almost a daily basis). (Note that, although Quicken no longer supports version 2009, the "One-Step Update" function continues to work for investments.)

A few days ago, "One-Step Update" stopped updating the pricing on one of my mutual fund accounts. Actually, it set the current price at zero (which I know is incorrect). The account still shows the correct number of shares owned, but the price Quicken is using is zero, making the account balance zero. This is happening with only one account. Other similar investment accounts are behaving normally.

I tried checking to see whether the online symbol for this account changed (which would require me updating it), but it has not.

Can anyone provide any advice on what I could try doing to get Quicken to again update this account properly?

Thanks!

Try getting a toll-free number from this site. https://quicken.custhelp.com/app/contact/plvl1/win I don't use quicken with my mutual funds, but they've helped me on other online problems. If they can't help, they should be able to get you to someone who can.

Thanks for that link, Miriam. I searched around the site for an answer to my problems, but haven't found anything that works.

I'm thinking that perhaps I could just manually update the price of the fund periodically, as needed. However, that would require two things:

1) finding the price online somewhere, and
2) knowing how to manually update the price in Quicken. :smile:

Can anyone provide help with either of these?

Thanks!

.....I'm thinking that perhaps I could just manually update the price of the fund periodically, as needed. However, that would require two things:

1) finding the price online somewhere, and
2) knowing how to manually update the price in Quicken. :smile:

Can anyone provide help with either of these?

Thanks!

Anyone? :confused:

That happened to me last week but I went in somewhere and told it to update prices and it was fixed. I don't use 2009 anymore but I used to update prices on occasion so I know it can be done

Perhaps better to ask the question on a quicken software forum that a nikon camera forum?

quicken forums

Perhaps - but as a relatively new member here, I think that you'll find the Cafe to be a good source for advice on all sorts of things (Nikon and non-Nikon). I've seen discussions here on all sorts of "OT" topics, including Quicken.

Nevertheless, thanks for the link to the Google search. I found my answer at one of the links there. (I wasn't aware that I could access a Quicken User Community directly from within Quicken, so I learned something new today. :smile:)

That happened to me last week but I went in somewhere and told it to update prices and it was fixed. I don't use 2009 anymore but I used to update prices on occasion so I know it can be done

Thanks Roscoe. I got it sorted out (see above post). I knew that there had to be a way - I just didn't know how to do it.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom