OT: Need Creative Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleo68, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    My 5-yr-old has to dress up for school as a "community helper" in a couple of weeks. Don't want to do what I presume everyone else will - policeman, fire fighter, doctor, etc. I am considering creating a construction worker costume, but this, too, might be too common. Anyone have any creative ideas? I could put him in a suit and call him a politician, but this may be a bit too vague. Help! Thanks.

(would you consider a photographer a "community helper"?)

2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Cleo, as much as you want him to stand out in the crowd, how much does your son want to? I'm sure he'll think it is cool to get dressed as a fire fighter, police officer, etc.

If you do want to get a less common choice, consider mailman, farmer, priest, and of course the pillar of our society (although I might be biased): marketing drone.

3. Teacher, garbage man, school crossing guard, nikon engineer?

4. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Yeah - I've considered the mailman, garbage man and teacher. I haven't found a cute enough mailman costume and the garbage man and teacher costumes would be difficult to emulate... any ideas on how to put them together? I'm leaning toward a construction worker with a thermal undershirt, cut-off flannel shirt over it, a tool belt and work helmet. How does that sound?

5. Sounds neat--don't forget the over sized lunch box!

6. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    :biggrin: Good idea! LOL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.