OT (REAL, not a joke): Message to E.T.

Hi guys
have you ever dreamed to leave a sms for E.T.?
Here you can do that, but hurry, on Aug 23th all messages on this australian website will be collected, sent to US for encoding and then back to Australia to be sent in space via radiotelescope.
Pay attention when you set your homeland in the fields... I discovered that Genova (Genoa) now is in Australia... :confused: :rolleyes:

http://www.hellofromearth.net/gliese581d/home/index.htm

I thought it's a nice thing to share.
To see your message posted among the others, calculate around 12 pages from when you start writing (I started when 116 was displayed and found at 129) but also keep in mind that since "Le Monde" published that news, the number of messages increased remarkably within the last hours.

It should be said (and I agree) by Carl Sagan that he was almost certain that in all of the billions of galaxies and billions of solar systems in all of those galxies that life exists.
But it should also be said that the distances involved are outrageous. There is a slim to no chance that we will ever make any contact with them. Even if you could defy the theory of relativity, and fly at the speeds of the starship Enterprise, it would take hundreds of years to travel there.
For all we know life somewhere else has the ability to collect our radio and television signals already. They may be able to catch our early radio broadcasts in another three or four hundred years.

If there is another planet out there with life, i dont want them to come here. What if their photographer guys come over with wowie zowie pics of a strange world? We would be hard pressed to beat that kind of "original" shot.

no thank you.

Daniel

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom