OT short Ipod question

B

Bill N

Sorry if this isn't the right location, I tried a search and didn't come up with much.

Short version, I have a no name mp3 player. Small drop N drag type of player. I was thinking of maybe picking up an Ipod player. They seem really nice but... have I misunderstood in my research that if you get one and download music and such from itunes that you "can't" burn that music to a CD with out buying 3rd party software to do it? I hope my question doesn't sound too out of touch with these kinds of things. Just an old dog here. Thanks, Bill

Bill, iTunes does allow you to burn the music to a cd! So, go get your iPod and enjoy the goodness.

B

Bill N

Thanks Ray. Could you maybe provide a link to some instructions? I looked over the itunes site. I downloaded itunes and plugged my son's ipod in and could find all of his music. Just couldn't figure out what to do. I attempted to copy, right clicked all over the place, no luck. Itunes version 8 if that helps. Thanks much, Bill

You can make up to 5 CDs of the same song. After that iTunes won't allow you to put that song to CD anymore. You can always take that CD and then import it with WMP to get an unprotected version of your purchased song. To be honest though I've had an iPod for at least 5 years now and I could probably count the number of CDs I've made in one hand.

Bill, look in the bottom right corner of the iTunes screen. See the pane for burning a disk. Just select the songs you want to burn (shift click on a Mac) and click on the pane!

iTunes.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom