OT...Update on my son

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Aug 19, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I just thought I would let you all know that this morning my son David had more reconstructive surgery on his cleft pallet at Childrens Hospital in Philadelphia. I left him this evening at about 9:00 PM and he was doing pretty well. My wife will stay with him tonight and I will stay with him tomorrow night. His voice is a little rasp and he said it hurts a little bit, but he is definitly on the mend. I just thought I would pass this on to all of you with hopes that you will remember him in your prayers. And my thanks to all the staff at CHOP for doing such a great job.

2. Hi Dave, you son has certainly had his share of problems and he faces them like the trooper that he is. Best wishes for a quick recovery. My prayers are with him.

3. Dave,

Hope he recovers from the surgery quickly and will keep him in our prayers.

Ray

4. I will keep him in my prayers as well. He will recover before you know it.

Take care,

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Dave,

I appreciate the update on your son. As Gordon has mentioned, your son has been through so much in his young life...but he is definately an inspiration to us all. He has shown his resilence through his many surgeries and will bounce back quickly from the recent procedure. Your family will be in my prayers...

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all especially David. Thank you for the update.

Your son is a role model as are you and your wife.

My very best to you and yours,

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Dave - as he recovers from this ordeal, he will become stronger and stronger. I'm sure you are proud of him. I have thought of him occasionally while away from the board, and those thoughts have given me inspiration to help people who have been dealt more problems than I.

Thank you, and to young David, thank you as well.

8. Dave, my thoughts are with you and your wife.... try not to worry, he's in good hands and will pull through. He's definitely a trooper - just look at those eyes. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery from this surgery, sending him back home again....

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Dave,thanks for the update,are there more surgerys to come after this one ?
    I've got respect for you and especially your son and your wife.
    May he get stronger and stronger every day.
    Keep us informed

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave,

I echo all the words above.

God Bless you ALL.......

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    What a tough person your son is. I couldn't come close to the courage that he has shown. We are all pulling for him, and I know that he will come through this just fine.

12. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thank you all for the kind words and wonderful comments. David is doing great today and should be able to come home soon. I am always amazed at how fast he springs back. Maureen and myself are truely touched by all of your thoughts and comments and really appreciate David being in your thoughts. God bless you all.

13. Dave, your son will be in my prayers tonight. I wish him a speedy recovery!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Youth is a wonderful thing :>))))))