OTG 3rd Test Worked - After deleting all files

K

Ken-L

Third Test is a "charm"..... but why?

I deleted all the files and folders from the OTG. I copied a different set of NEF and JPG files (310 files, 957MB) onto the CF card. I attached the reader to the OTG.

The OTG had over 40GB of files on it, and is supposed to be able to handle this. It's capacity is 80GB. It is formatted as FAT32. NTFS won't allow it's firmware to to do the copying function.

The copying was finished in 2min:50sec - that's about 3 minutes for a gig, which matches what others have done - 6min for 2GB.

I'll recontact Tech Support to see if they have any ideas.

Hmmm... Maybe something's wrong w/ the HDD, and you're hitting the bad area -- maybe bad sectors -- when you reached the ~40GB level.

I forget now, but did you say you had no problems copying from PC to the OTG or was that only from OTG to PC? If you tried PC-to-OTG w/out problems at that point, then that would help rule out a bad HDD problem to some extent.

_Man_

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
Man-Fai Wong said:
Hmmm... Maybe something's wrong w/ the HDD, and you're hitting the bad area -- maybe bad sectors -- when you reached the ~40GB level.

I forget now, but did you say you had no problems copying from PC to the OTG or was that only from OTG to PC? If you tried PC-to-OTG w/out problems at that point, then that would help rule out a bad HDD problem to some extent.

_Man_

Nothing wrong with the OTG..................... most likely the file structure on the CF was goofed. This is not an unusual problem with CF.

JohnG

K

Ken-L

I'm running a new test. Here's how I set this up:

With the OTG empty, I ran a copy routine from my CF card (that was 1GB in 3 minutes.) and it created a single folder, DSK00000.

Then I emptied the content of the DSK00000 folder and set my Backup Program to use this folder for the backups. (There is about 22GB in the backup.) This way the only folders the OTG will "see" is the ones it created.

Next I will try an OTG copy from the CF card, with my CF Card reader. If it works okay that way, the issue will be resolved. I'll post the result of that copy.

K

Ken-L

Okay....it's seems fine now. I copied 48 NEF & JPG files (147MB) in about 30 seconds. And, I had other than "OTG" folders on the OTG. So the problem may have been a FAT issue, but it's fine now. Whew! Now can we abandon these posts....... :cry:

Good deal Ken..

Hay this is how we learn and others learn as well..

Good posts

thank You.

Glad all is well

Latest threads

Top Bottom