OTG Final Test

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Ken-L, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

As my final "test" I transferred directly from the D70 to the OTG.

There was a total of 819MB and 279 files on my 1GB CF Card.

The copying took 14 minutes.

My prior test, using a USB 2.0 card reader took 3 minutes.

From the OTG directly to my PC via USB 2.0 took 1 minute.

That's a significant difference, but I already was aware that the D70 output is slow. In any case, I can live with 14 minutes in the field if I don't have a card reader handy! And, this 80GB OTG has all my backup computer data files on it also, so it does double-duty.

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Sounds like a nice piece of equipment, and beats my X-Drive II by lenghts (perhaps except for the missing card reader).

By the way, what's your conclusion on your first trial mishap? Was it formating the CF, or the drive, or something else?

Thanks,

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great news Ken,
    Thanks you

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I think it was a FAT error on the OTG, just deleting all it's files and re-copying did it....

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    I used this device extensively on my Sierra trip.

The thing ships with a leather pouch, so I was able to slip in a small CF reader and cable inside it.

I transferred about 6 GB of photos, usually taking 3 mins / GB on a 80x lexar card.

I did not have to recharge the OTG at any time.

Like it so far.