Othello Burrowing Owls-Babies are Flying..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Finally made it back to look for the Baby Burrowing owls. Unfortunately weather and timing did not work in my favor to see them when they were smaller, but here are a few from today. They are about Adult size now, but lack the spots on the chest.

Flying, you show-off....:
    [​IMG]

All the Kids...look closely between the two standing up next to each other, #6 is still in the burrow:
    [​IMG]

Kids do the DARNDEST things. Check out the Wing Stretch and the bird to it's right:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am editing these on my laptop with crummy light in the motel room, do these look OK? i'll be redoing them when I get home, but I am curious as to how they look.

And to think, I still have the good weather tomorrow :biggrin::biggrin:

2. MorrieC

MorrieC

Jan 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Bill

Cool photos. They have really grown since I last saw them.

Have fun
    Morrie

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Bill I'm viewing these on a laptop with crummy light in my living room, They look fine. This a pretty neat story.

4. Wow so cool, love these shots, hope you hae a GPS with you for your close friends to be able to find it someday....:wink:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bill, these are just too cute. I love the wing stretch sequence. The processing looks fine BTW.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are just little sweeties
    Great shots

7. Outstanding series Bill. Just to get the group together like that...awesome!

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Well these are too cute! What a find and excellent photographs!

9. Really cute Bill. . .enjoyed them.

10. Great shots Bill. What a group. PP seems fine to me. But what do I know....

Lil

11. Excellent set Bill. I knew I should have taken you up on the offer to go with you to Othello. You had to be in haven when you found these little guys.

Louie

12. Thanks, Morrie, I'm really glad you showed me this burrow, it is such a good place to shoot. They are flying enough I doubt they will be around much longer.

Thanks, sometimes I'm never quite sure when I have a bright light right over my head :biggrin:.

Thanks, Andreas. Don't need a GPS, the directions are REALLY simple. Want to go next year? I doubt they will be around much longer this year.

THanks, Frank. Watching the things these birds do is pretty darned interested sometimes.

Thanks, Gale, just like your little Limpkins :wink:

Thanks. Went back the next day and got all 6 of the little ones together outside the burrow. Quite a clan.

Thanks much, cute they certainly are.

Thanks, Jerry. If you want to go, I can give you directions .....

Thanks, they are a cute group for sure.

Well, Louie, I TRIED to talk you into going along :biggrin:. Yeah, the same way we all feel when we see the Osprey and Eagle chicks too.

Thanks. Good subjects make it SO easy.