Other critters from Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Here are some other fauna from my Puerto Rico trip. Some of these really could go in the Macro section but since they aren't all macro, I put them here.

The Katydid, Coqui frog, and Moth were taken with the Tamron 90SP macro and shot with flash in total darkness at night. It was fun searching for the Coqui...these little frogs are all over PR and sing a lovely Co-kee song all night long, but it took a long time to find one. He is only about an inch or two long. My assistant, er, husband held a flashlight on him while I shot.

The Iguanas and Anole are with the 80-400vr.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. They certainly have a colorful group of fauna as well as birds there in Puerto Rico Janet. Nice you you to bring them to us for our viewing pleasure. Well done images, even the night ones.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Janet for sharing these great images. sure miss the islands.

So traveling with you through your images is a treat.

Regards
    Gale

4. Love then all

I specifically like the last one ( the Anole Lizard), although all of the captures are excellent. The 90 mm lens does a great job. :)

--Ed--

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Beautiful shots Janet. I love herps. the moth is cool too.

6. Alright....the Puerto Rico shots have officially blown me away. All I can say is WOW!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Way to GO!!!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Janet. You certainly took full advantage of your trip to PR. I am most impressed by the variety of species that you were able to track down, shoot (wonderfully....;-)), and identify.

Why don't you take me shooting some time, and teach me a little of what you know about wildlife.... :D

Regards,

Frank

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Janet,

That Iguana shot is something else. Very neat how they are on those sticks. I like!

Thanks,

9. Very nice

I really like the iguana shot but they are all very nice what a diverse post

10. Thanks everyone! Flew, I'd be happy to take you shooting any time you come up to NYC...but I doubt we'd find any iguanas :)