OTT or acceptable?????

Decided to have a play with an image taken recently and came up with two variations....

Do you consider them to be OTT or acceptable...

Any other ideas or reworks would be good...

Best wishes

Ray

Original

dsc1649originalwebep7.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Processed
dsc1649adjustedwebzl3.jpg

Processed and painted
deeppaintversiongv6.jpg

I like them both.
Might try to put a touch more light in the top of the light house (if it is suposed to have any light) lol

Real Name
David
I like the thrid one that looks more like a painting instead of a picture.

Why? The side of the lighthouse facing away form the source of light (that you added quite nicely I might add) seems too bright. But in the "painting" version does not bother me as much.

Thanks for the feedback

Interesting that sometimes you never know how far to go with an image....

In this case I took the original and thought it would be interesting, only to find it quite boring really.

For Gale....the lightouse is derelict and there is no light in it now. It is quite old and one of our landmarks!!!

Appreciate the feedback re the texture v plain....interesting to see which is most (or least) effective.

Many thanks for all for the feedback

Very best wishes
Ray

Hi Ray,

I haven't been here for some time, but I see you are still up to the old tricks. Lol

I have one question. First let me say I prefer the middle one. But, why did you change the sky with OK clouds to one with contrails?

LOL - I was thinking Off the Topic. ....Whatever that means???? Oh my!

Anyway,

Ray, I like the second one. I wonder if the lighthouse could be lightened up a tad more to bring more attention to it?

Ray, this is very nice work. After doing this much work I would probably remove the metal anchor by the tower and also the white spot in the grass near mid frame. I like both the processed and the processed and painted versions. Very well done.

Thanks again

for the very helpful feedback and comments....appeaciated as always.

For John I never really gave thought to the trails as it was a stock sky. I suppose I thought "as a sky" it looked good and my original was alittle dull...although it could have been developed. I see what you mean now that you have mentioned it though....got me thinking!

Mark, I was not sure how far to go with the lighthouse....but, if you reckon it would lighten a little more then I can try that.

Gordon...yes, the anchor can go but even more so...that spot!!! Well "spotted"

Many thanks again to all

Best wishes
Ray

Ray,
Thats is what I thought.. No light.

Remove the anchor and it will fall over on ya...lololol

Latest threads

Top Bottom