1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OTT or acceptable?????

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Jul 8, 2007.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Decided to have a play with an image taken recently and came up with two variations....

Do you consider them to be OTT or acceptable...

Any other ideas or reworks would be good...

Best wishes

Ray

Original

[​IMG]

Processed
    [​IMG]

Processed and painted
    [​IMG]

2. Ray, I like the second one here.
    The third is good too, but the jagged edge frame is distracting.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Hi Ray,

Both versions are nice .. but I prefer the first one you did.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like them both.
    Might try to put a touch more light in the top of the light house (if it is suposed to have any light) lol

5. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    I love the processed one (Second)

6. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Hi Ray, I prefer the processed image, looks more realistic to me :) 

7. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I like the thrid one that looks more like a painting instead of a picture.

Why? The side of the lighthouse facing away form the source of light (that you added quite nicely I might add) seems too bright. But in the "painting" version does not bother me as much.

8. what does OTT mean?

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Ott

Hi Rick,

OTT means over the top....

Best wishes

Ray

10. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback

Interesting that sometimes you never know how far to go with an image....

In this case I took the original and thought it would be interesting, only to find it quite boring really.

For Gale....the lightouse is derelict and there is no light in it now. It is quite old and one of our landmarks!!!

Appreciate the feedback re the texture v plain....interesting to see which is most (or least) effective.

Many thanks for all for the feedback

Very best wishes
    Ray

11. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Hi Ray,

I haven't been here for some time, but I see you are still up to the old tricks. Lol

I have one question. First let me say I prefer the middle one. But, why did you change the sky with OK clouds to one with contrails?

12. LOL - I was thinking Off the Topic. ....Whatever that means???? Oh my!

Anyway,

Ray, I like the second one. I wonder if the lighthouse could be lightened up a tad more to bring more attention to it?

13. Ray, this is very nice work. After doing this much work I would probably remove the metal anchor by the tower and also the white spot in the grass near mid frame. I like both the processed and the processed and painted versions. Very well done.

14. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks again

for the very helpful feedback and comments....appeaciated as always.

For John I never really gave thought to the trails as it was a stock sky. I suppose I thought "as a sky" it looked good and my original was alittle dull...although it could have been developed. I see what you mean now that you have mentioned it though....got me thinking!

Mark, I was not sure how far to go with the lighthouse....but, if you reckon it would lighten a little more then I can try that.

Gordon...yes, the anchor can go but even more so...that spot!!! Well "spotted"

Many thanks again to all

Best wishes
    Ray

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ray,
    Thats is what I thought.. No light.

Remove the anchor and it will fall over on ya...lololol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.