1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Our 3 Adopted Cats! Captured by D3 + 24-70 + SB900

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by gadgetguy11, Sep 4, 2008.

1. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Our 3 rescued cats have been skittish when a flash fires. These are my first images with the SB-900, mounted on D3 and 24-70 /f2.8 handheld. They did not mind this flash, as you can see in the eyes. Click on an image for full size:

Jimbo close-up

365596266_JTGNb-X3.

Double Trouble: Max and Jimbo check out a new game!
    365596522_2sQXb-X3.

Rusty examines challenging game from a safe distance!
    365596680_RAoDy-X3.

Rusty cops an attitude!
    365597057_fANpP-X3.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  2. what beautiful kitties! Bet they do cause a rucus when they want to! Nice captures!

3. Great looking new friends!

All three look similar to one of our recently adopted cats, Coby:
    2484097771_9f1aa59099_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    50mm    f/2.8    1/60s    ISO 400

We were told by the shelter that our other one (Dusty) is supposedly his brother:
    2484097823_4dfbf56fb7_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    50mm    f/2.8    1/60s    ISO 400

4. nice shots, john
    gorgeous cats

thanks for sharing these with us

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks, Dianne! They sound like horses running across the hardwood when three chase each other! They love to watch the birds in feeders just outside the windows. Jimbo and Max sit on the floor for hours, hiding below the window. At an appropriate moment, one leaps and slams his feet against the window, scaring the birds outside into flight! When the cats finally tire, they sit on the plush dining room chairs with their backs to the birds!

WOW!! They are both gorgeous!! I showed your images to my wife. We told Jimbo he has a brother in MA!!

Thank you for looking, Greg!

6. Who knows, since both are adopted they theoretically could be related.

Jimbo definitely does look a little less orange than your other two, more of a yellow orange like our Coby.

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    We refer to his color as "blonde", and Rusty and Max are orange. Jimbo was rescued walking between cars; efforts failed to find his owner, and we subsequently adopted him. My wife believes Jimbo has strong roots from the Abyssinian breed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.