1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Our Annual Family Trip

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Terri French, Aug 22, 2018.

1. For 33 of the past 35 years we have spent a week in our favorite spot in Idaho. Everyone loves the vacation and will not let us give it up. Our poor old boat keeps plugging along. This year was very hot and a little smoky. There was. Hardly a cloud in the sky all week. But we had a great time anyway. Here are a few representative photos of the hundreds I took. I’ve edited about 300 of them.

Ice cream at the lodge
    p3028681072-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beach fun
    p3028679405-4.jpg

p3028676991-4.jpg

Making slime
    p3028672922-4.jpg

So hot one evening we just stood in the water to cool down
    p3028669331-4.jpg

Making boats for the family boat race
    p3028667695-4.jpg

3 years old and waterskiing
    p3028666317-4.jpg

Greg and I took a break from the beach one morning and hiked to this beautiful viewpoint.
    p3028661622-4.jpg

It’s so much fun watching you children interact with their kids.
    p3028658199-4.jpg

Rest and relaxation
    p3028655801-4.jpg

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    All are wonderful, but really fond of the r r last image. Looks like hubs under that hat!

3. That is my son in law.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Ahha! Thanks for sharing your family pics Terri, we many times forget the joys of good family event images.

5. Fun series. What a great tradition!

6. I’ve been. Looking through some of my old family images and they are a treasure to me!

7. Lots of smiles....now, and more importantly, in years to come as memories are brought back from the captures frozen in time.

8. I know you do similar things with your kids....just wait till your family really gets big! It gets crazy, but fun!

It’s great, isn’t it!

9. My son just stopped in down there on his way home to SLC. I'm way overdue for a visit. Nice times!

10. Yes, you should go. I would like to go sometime at a different time of year so I could see the mountains with snow on them.

11. Very enjoyable series! It's clear that a good time was had by all.

12. If the smoke clears off we could go in early September. My wife is heading to MN and WI to a Norwegian language camp and to do some genealogical work for a few weeks. In mid October my son and I are headed to Belgium for a couple of weeks (Hopefully we'll connect with Bart!). That leaves November . . .
    I've been there in late May and there is usually lots of mountain snow, and in good years valley snow too. Some USFS and BLM camp sites open up in Mid May (Sunny Gulch is one).

13. Yes, we had a fabulous time!!

I should connect with your wife. I have scandinavian ancestry, too...although mine are Swedish. That's neat that she is going to a camp to learn more. It's on my radar to delve deeper into my genealogy work once the weather gets cold. Thanks for the info about Sunny Gulch. Maybe we should pull our 5th Wheel over there in the spring sometime.

PS. Is the smoke bad in your area? It's terrible here and we hear it's from Canada. We are headed to Olympic National Park and Victoria the last week of September and I sure hope it isn't smokey there.

14. It's been smokey here, nat as bad as the past 3 years, but the past 2 days we were in the very unhealthy class. Today is better, and by tomorrow we should be breathing fresh air, baring any new fires.

15. Great photos of a great tradition. It is interesting to see your grandkids grow up.

Also glad to see you've gotten your big camera out again.

16. Thanks, Jim. It is good to have the DSLR out more. Maybe when the new Nikon mirrorless comes out there will be some good used D750s on the market and I can upgrade.

17. Oh, I hope that good air moves south. It's really bad here this week.

18. Only a few 100 Terri? Bet the shutter count says different. :)  Nice set of lovely family pics .

19. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Wonderful series of family photos! Everyone looks like they had a great time. And are those the twins in the first photos? They have gotten so tall!

20. What a fun family vacation you all must’ve had! These photos capture the joy and relaxation and the pleasure in being together.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.