Our competition/the future of photography?

Some will take it more seriously and upgrade to real gear, so overall I don't see it as a bad thing. My son is taking a photography class at school and said it's one of the more popular courses.

Real Name
Andy
Some will take it more seriously and upgrade to real gear, so overall I don't see it as a bad thing. My son is taking a photography class at school and said it's one of the more popular courses.
My son is also taking a high school photography course. He actually wanted to drop it, stating that he had to show the teacher how to adjust white balance on one of the school-owned cameras that she lends out to students who don't have their own. I encouraged him to stay in the class, if only to continue having access to the darkroom, which is what he likes best about the course. Equally importantly, I pointed out that the teacher (who is at heart an art teacher, not a photographer) still might have considerable wisdom and knowledge about composition. In any case, I am sure she prefers a very pure pursuit of art - one that does not reduce itself to getting "Likes" on Instagram.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom