1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Our Hawaiian Honeymoon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mason, Jul 28, 2008.

1. I apologize for being absent for a few weeks. Life is great and has never been better, but I have been extremely busy since the wedding and find myself not spending much time on the computer at home. I wanted to share some photos from our honeymoon in Hawaii. I have posted a few favorites, but for those interested the rest of the pictures are here:

Hawaii - 2008
    Pearl Harbor Hawaii - 2008

My most awesome wife, Allison:
    333560253_9JrJ3-L.

Sunset on Maui:
    302552244_fe8yt-L.

Another sunset from a different location:
    327627516_BBNxL-L.

Our hotel on Maui:
    302563893_B2ebE-L.

Sunrise at 9,700’
    333577980_9yuDc-L.

Self Portrait on the beach:
    302900686_3GFeJ-L.

Another self portrait:
    302902163_UC9Pe-L.

View from our room in Honolulu (Diamond Head in the background):
    302903558_aYSxu-L.

2. Nice, i'm going to the Big island in September

3. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    #2 = wow

congrats on the wedding

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    So happy for the both of you. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are fabulous.

Cheers,

5. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great shots! I agree, #2 is postcard perfect.

6. Congrats!

About the wedding and honeymoon - now the picture I really want to see it that of your new couch :wink::biggrin: Did you ever get that couch?

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    CONGRATULATIONS to the two of you!!

I enjoyed every one of your images. Thank you for sharing!

8. I am sure you will have a good time. We kind of want to visit all of the islands now!

Thank you. I was going to say that was my favorite, but I figured Allison had better be in my favorite picture :biggrin:

Thanks Patrick!

Thanks Haze. I can't wait to get that one printed pretty large.

We have is narrowed down to two:rolleyes: . And the decorator is coming this afternoon:eek: . However, we have the understanding that when the new MBP comes out (whenever that is) I am going to grab one. I DO have a recliner in the living room.

Baby steps...

Thank you John!

9. Mason, you and Allison make such a great couple - I can only wish you two the best of the best. It was great having dinner with you two - specially getting that after "bogger" shot face :wink::biggrin: The "Ewww I can't believe what he just said..." face :rolleyes: 

ClassClowns15.

10. Congrats to the two of you, Mason!

Love the shots...especially #2.

11. timzilla

timzilla Guest

Great shots!

Hopefully I'll get to visit Hawaii one day and experience everything first hand

12. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Allison is a very pretty lady, congradulations there! But, I really had to back up when I saw photo 2, that's a gorgeous shot. Composition is spot on!
    Jarrell

13. Oddly enough I was just thinking about you today, Mason! Wondering where you've been and wondering if you've bought that new MBP yet..... Smart move to hold off, since the new ones should be announced and coming along in the next month or so! According to MacRumors they should be really exciting if the rumored changes are reality.

Wonderful photos of the honeymoon!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  14. Congratulations. Awesome shots too

15. these are PERFECT!! Enjoy each other, always.

16. Great images! I can see why you both were all smiles when I saw you the week after, what a gorgeous place.
    Love your self portrait in the convertible - looking great!

17. mason and allison
    what a terrific couple the 2 of you make
    wonderful images
    i'm glad you honeymoon was fantastic.... but i hope THAT time pales in comparison to the rest of your happy and successful marriage

the very best to both of you.... now and forever

18. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Congrats on your wedding!! Enjoy each other. Great images. I especially like the sunsetting with the islander on the rock. AWESOME!!

19. great shots!

20. First, thank you all for your kind words. Allison is enjoying seeing your comments on the pictures and the trip...

I just told Allison that you asked about the couch, and she laughed. It has become kind of a inside joke with us.

Thank you Mark!

Thanks, and I would highly recommend visiting if you can. I am not a landscape photographer, so I have not done justice to the beauty of the islands.

Thanks Jarrell. I was just at the right place at the right time. I had been trying to get some cool shots with the wide angle, but this was the 70-200 with a 1.4 TC.

Thanks for the kind words Connie. Everything has been great, but very busy at work and with two houses. I would really like to have the MBP before the end of August when football season starts and I am shooting a lot...but I'm getting tired of holding my breath:rolleyes: 

Thank you Justin

Thanks Dave!

Thanks Frits. We are still all smiles. That shot was with HStrick2000 (Hayden)'s Sigma 10-20. It was a fun lens. I wanted to buy it from him when we got back from the trip:cool: 

Thank you Greg. That means a lot.

Thanks Joe. There was a sunset ceremony where a guy lit the torches, tossed a lei off the cliff, and then dove into the water. This picture...was actually some crazy kid who walked out on the rocks and jumped into the water himself.

Thank you Joey!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.