Our Northern Ontario Parks

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Went hiking this Labour day weekend with my wife and a friend. Managed 3 provincial and one National Park in two days.

Here are some images from Pukuskwa National park. Couldn't believe how blue Lake Superior was.

[​IMG]

The intrepid hikers

34755366-L.

Someone with imagination.
    34755368-L.

More can be seen here.

http://alterego.smugmug.com/gallery/783765/1

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

2. Pretty country and that blue water is fantastic.

3. It was a great day for a hike..Saw a couple of Peregrine Falcons playfully chasing each other....but couldn't get my long lens out in time...
    some woodland caribou and of course black bear were sited in the park .

Definately a place to go back to. Has a couple of nice beaches for the kids, and fish in lake for dad!!

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

4. Nice pics. Seems a very nice place for hicking.

5. Thanks Benoit...Great place for camping and hiking...something for everyone.
    Sand Beach. Fish; canoeing/kayaking; woodland caribou; moose; falcons.
    Joice of 1-2hr hike or 5-6 hour hikes...

Thanks for looking

Bohdan

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nicely done, one question, does Canada celebrate Labor Day like the US does?

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'd take lots of hikes if I had scenery like that around here! Nice shots!

8. Thanks Dave...Yes Canada celebrates Labour Day just like the U.S. ( we invented Labour day....just joking!)

Bohdan

9. Thanks Leigh...It really is enjoyable; tiring but relaxing at the same time...guess those endorphins kick in!

Bohdan

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cool, I learned something today!

11. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I like the first one

12. Does the last picture represent two peoples and a kind of trail and the last one near the end, what does it represents?

13. Thanks Hans.

bohdan

14. Hi Gilles...Not sure what its meant to represent...other than being a kind of stylized standing stones or centinels saying " I was here!"

bohdan