Our Osprey pair has returned..nest building

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. This past Sunday, yesterday, met up with Bill Dewey, Jim Thiel and Morrie at Bill’s favorite Osprey spot. Sure enough the Osprey pair were going about their business of building a nest, during which they provided us with lots of interesting shots. The weather was so-so, clouds mixed with a sun break or two, a little wind and some rain, but we still all managed to get some nice shooting in.

Most all of my flight shots were taken with a D2H, 300/4 lens handheld, those shots with the pair at the nest were taken with a D2X, 500/4. Anyway, here are a few of the shots I was able to get.

original.

View attachment 91052

View attachment 91053

View attachment 91054

View attachment 91055

View attachment 91056

View attachment 91057

View attachment 91058

Louie

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Louie,

These are fantastic images! Well done!

3. Careigh

Careigh Guest

If I wasn't on a pc I would give you a standing ovation! :biggrin: a.m.a.z.i.n.g

4. Chip

Chip

Oct 13, 2005
    WA
    Great job Louie. I can see that place getting some visits this spring/summer:biggrin:

5. There is only one word comes to mind "STUNNING"

6. Yep. . that's them! Excellent as usual.

7. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Terrific shots Louie. Where were those taken? I can't get nearly that close to the ones in Bellevue.

8. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    You can say that again, Great work.

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Wonderful Louie, that 3rd shot is just super.

10. Bravo Louie. Those are stunning images. You really naiked them. I hope to have a few good ones but I am sure nothing I have will be as good as these, It was fun to shoot with you guys again.

11. Terrific set Louie. Glad your ospreys are back for you to enjoy. That 3rd one and 2nd to last rock. Love 'em. Looking forward to following the action throughout the season.

You guys are a little behind the Floridians. Our local ospreys have already had chicks weeks ago. They are going to be flying soon. I can't wait. I think I've already (after krilling) saved about 1,500 osprey pics from this season. <shakes head>

Keep 'em coming.

12. Don't these guys have just the greatest wing positions? Looks like quite a small nest site. You should have a good look into it as the eggs develop and hatch.

Great series!

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good shooting Pal
    Beautiful shots

14. Great shots Louie! Love these birds.

Anthony

15. yifeng

yifeng

Jan 23, 2007
    IL
    Louie, very impressive shots, especially those in flight shots taking with 300F4. They are so sharp!

16. jimmyc1000

jimmyc1000

Jun 14, 2006
    Really awesome series. I love the last one of the osprey landing.

17. Oooooooooooooo, And I mean it! Just wonderful (you lucky stffs you! :cool:

18. cool series of shots there louie..:cool:

19. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    What a fantastic series! Simply stunning.

20. Wow, stunning series of shots, Louie! Very well done indeed. Where's Bill's Holy Grail of Osprey nests located?