Our Osprey pair has returned..nest building

This past Sunday, yesterday, met up with Bill Dewey, Jim Thiel and Morrie at Bill’s favorite Osprey spot. Sure enough the Osprey pair were going about their business of building a nest, during which they provided us with lots of interesting shots. The weather was so-so, clouds mixed with a sun break or two, a little wind and some rain, but we still all managed to get some nice shooting in.

Most all of my flight shots were taken with a D2H, 300/4 lens handheld, those shots with the pair at the nest were taken with a D2X, 500/4. Anyway, here are a few of the shots I was able to get.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 91052

View attachment 91053

View attachment 91054

View attachment 91055

View attachment 91056

View attachment 91057

View attachment 91058

Louie

C

Careigh

If I wasn't on a pc I would give you a standing ovation! :biggrin: a.m.a.z.i.n.g

Great job Louie. I can see that place getting some visits this spring/summer:biggrin:

Terrific shots Louie. Where were those taken? I can't get nearly that close to the ones in Bellevue.

Bravo Louie. Those are stunning images. You really naiked them. I hope to have a few good ones but I am sure nothing I have will be as good as these, It was fun to shoot with you guys again.

Terrific set Louie. Glad your ospreys are back for you to enjoy. That 3rd one and 2nd to last rock. Love 'em. Looking forward to following the action throughout the season.

You guys are a little behind the Floridians. Our local ospreys have already had chicks weeks ago. They are going to be flying soon. I can't wait. I think I've already (after krilling) saved about 1,500 osprey pics from this season. <shakes head>

Keep 'em coming.

Don't these guys have just the greatest wing positions? Looks like quite a small nest site. You should have a good look into it as the eggs develop and hatch.

Great series!

Louie, very impressive shots, especially those in flight shots taking with 300F4. They are so sharp!

Latest threads

Top Bottom