Our Own Olympics.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I know this belongs in the sports category, but the folks on the people forum know me much better.

This summer two of my daughters and a couple of other relatives decided to train for and participate in a half marathon. It's called the Mesa Falls Marathon. It's a very difficult course with a lot of elevation changes. The worst hill being a three mile climb.

I used the old D70 that now belongs to my daughter as my D200 is still in the shop for repair. The D70 came through with flying colors!!

Here are some images from the day. All the ladies finished the race(which was their goal). Amber ran nearly every day this summer pushing all three of her babies in the triplet jogging stroller that she owns. I'm really proud of all of them.

original.gif

View attachment 242782

View attachment 242783

Poor Melissa had an accident on the part of the race that was run on a dirt trail--but she finished the race bruised and bloodied.

View attachment 242784

At the finish line

View attachment 242785

View attachment 242786

View attachment 242787

View attachment 242788

View attachment 242789

2. Great shots--I miss running, keep meaning to start up again. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, beats an early morning run through the Palouse wheat fields!

Thanks for sharing.

3. Great story and great photos... shows it ain't the gear but the gal :smile:

Congrats and hat's off to all the girls for their hard work accomplishing their goal.

Don

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow! That is a major accomplishment. They've all done something they can really be proud of.

Sorry about Melissa's fall, but kudos to her for continuing on.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Terri, my sincere congratulations to all who participated in that race. Long distance running has never been a favorite of mine, not even when I was in high school. I tip my hat to each of them for their dedication to training and finishing the race.

6. awesome, terri
    great shots
    terrific event

love the look of accomplishment on their faces
    well done
    thans for sharing this with us

7. Congrats to all of them! I was a marathon runner once upon a time, and I can't imagine doing that right now. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I might try to train this year and run next spring with my dad though. We used to run the KY Derby Mini-marathon together, and since 2001 I've lived so far away we couldn't. Now that I'm just an 8 hour drive away I think maybe I'll try!

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Glad you all enjoyed seeing my family in action. Thanks for looking. BTW, I could never run a half-marathon. These guys are my heros for doing this.