1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Our Pug...Gidget

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by rushr, Sep 21, 2008.

1. rushr

rushr

Sep 18, 2008
    South Dakota
    Here are some pics of our Pug. My wife named her Gidget....lol

These are shortly after we got her.

newcamera029.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

newcamera030.jpg

newcamera033.jpg

Here she is roughly a month ago. She had a rough week. Started on a Wednesday...she got spayed, plus a couple baby teeth pulled then on the weekend she got out of the house while I was letting my daughter out and she got hit by a car. It broke her back leg clean in two and she had to have a pin put in since it was a clean break.

DSC_00082.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

And these are a couple recent shots.

Pics015.jpg

Pics008.jpg

Pics011.jpg

Pics020.jpg

2. DoJC

DoJC

Feb 14, 2008
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Great shots telling your dog's story! I'm a BIG pug fan, so thanks for sharing these shots of yours.

3. Poor baby! Lucky for her she's got some nice humans to take care of her. :wink:

4. rushr

rushr

Sep 18, 2008
    South Dakota
    Yeah, the lady that hit her did come right back to check on her. She told me if there was any way should could help to let her know...well I take that as she could assist financially, but I was wrong. The vet bill just to take her and have her checked out that night was $260. They quoted that it would cost us $2K if we took her to the college for the surgery, but they found out our local vet could do it for less. It ended up costing us $560 to go through our local vet. I mentioned to the lady how much it was going to cost us and she gave me some sob story about how she was hurting for money, not like I had that much just laying around either. I didn't expect her to pay all of it, just part of it as to me it was both of our faults. We live on a bad curve and she admitted to going to fast. Fortunately it didn't cost what we thought it would and we made it work.

5. Hang in there, better days are ahead

6. AWWW!!!!
    I LOVE black pugs.
    Good shots, and she's ADORABLE.

Might I suggest a baby gate put up somewhere near your door so that your pup won't escape the home anymore?
    We have a baby gate between our foyer and our livingroom so that our dog won't dart out the front door. I had to train my children that the gate isn't opened until the front door is closed when coming inside. And the front door isn't opened until the baby gate is closed when going outside. But it didn't take long to teach them.:biggrin:

7. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Your little dog is a real honey. Glad that she is ok. It is SO SCARY when they get out like that. I live in fear that my dog might get out and get hit by a car. She is pretty good about staying in the house or yard, too lazy to go outside. I would worry more about the kitty, she is not an outdoor cat.

Thank you for this series.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.