1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Our soccer team

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by e2blade, Sep 30, 2008.

1. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    a photography company had came to our school this day, so all the players were all together and im really good friends with them. they all knew about me so they didnt really want their pictures taken by corporate. so this is what is gonna be in the year book instead of the "professionals"

DSC_8451.

DSC_8464.

DSC_8466.

DSC_8470.

DSC_8488.

DSC_8490.

DSC_8492.

2. I'd have to say that these pix are fun snaps that may be appealing to your friends, I would also say that in some instances corporate may be a better choice, but whatever product makes you happy is what is really important.

3. Look really good.

Is it just girls who play Football (sorry Soccer) in the states? Hardly ever see boys football shots.

4. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Not too bad. I agree with Brooks that if they are what your friends like, then it's good for them. Technically, some ideas for the shots would be:

Careful use of vignetting. It can add to a photo or detract from it. In #1, it distracts me, as does the background.

Fill flash: #2 (pyramid) would be better with fill flash. Also, the background people in that shot are distracting, which leads me to another idea.

Watch your backgrounds as carefully as you watch your subjects. A great shot can be ruined by an interloper or porta-john in the background.

A seasoned pro will get good shots and make your team look good, but again, if what they want is for you to shoot their pics and they like what you do, then mission accomplished. Thanks for sharing these.

5. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    thanks for the tips, i'll apply them this saturday :) 

6. I like them, they reflect the team's spirit much better than the half in front kneeling half in back standing shots. One question, where's the coach?
    Maryellyn

7. bonnerkopf

bonnerkopf

Nov 16, 2007
    canada
    Which ones in particular are they going to use or is that decided yet? I like the pose in 1, but the background with the wires and tower is very distracting.

The pyramid is interesting, but the cross armed onlookers in background and non uniformed friend messing around detract.

Hopefully, they will print these for you.

8. These are Great fun shots. I would pay a little more attention to your B/G's (1st 2 pix) otherwise Great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.