Our son Ian, end of an era

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Today was the big day for our youngest son Ian (17): High school graduation day.
    Here he is getting ready for the big graduation party, held in one of the big hotels downtown Montreal.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 85mm f/1.4
    original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    All (most) all grown up

Congratulations.

Nice image

3. And a matching handkerchief no less. A fine looking boy and I bet he is ready for HS to be over. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

4. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Nice picture Frits, looks like he's ready to start an exciting chapter of his life. I must say your efforts with the MF lenses has made me start to look for the very lens you used for this portrait. Working on a couple leads right this moment.

5. Hey Frits, nice picture but especially all the best to Ian, for his future life and career! A very important moment indeed - and not an easy one either. Thanks for sharing,

6. Congratulations Frits. A wonderful time for proud parents and a fine young man with a bright future. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to speak with him because of his exams and job training when we were there. I know you and Anne will savor these moments so enjoy them.

Rich

7. Good looking young man (not surprising given his parents).Nice photo, too. Best of luck to Ian as he moves on to the next stage in his life.

8. Frits, wow Ian looks fantastic here!
    You must be so proud.
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    I wonder how he might look with a different background.
    Here's a sample with it replaced.

What do you think?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Before: Your original

After: Background replaced

9. Congrats to the graduate... and to the proud parents! He looks sharp, and he looks sharp. :tongue:

The end of an era? Sure, but I am sure he can't wait to be in the next one... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Oh, and that lens did a fine job in your skilled hands! :smile:

10. Very nicely done Virginia. I just took a shot in our living room, but for posterity I will certainly work on a BG - your example is excellent!

11. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Frits,

That is one fine looking young man. I'm sure he'll treasure this picture many years from now.

Thanks for sharing this.

Henry

12. Yeah, the kid had a very busy spring with exams and his summer job training.
    School is out now and he is starting his summer job in earnest next week.

13. Whatta Cool Dude, Frits!