Our Thanksgiving day wine.

Spent Thanksgiving with #3 son. He is a pinot lover. Here's the wine he picked up in Oregon a couple of years ago.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good choice of wine, and a great vintage.

We just got some Spanish Jamon Iberico (ham from Spanish black pigs that feed almost exclusively on acorns) from a deli in Salt Lake City. We weren't able to get our traditional and preferred wine (a white Rioja from R. Lopez de Heredia Rioja, Vina Tondonia, Reserva 2007) or a decent dry Sherry, so we indulged in a Dundee Hills Pinot from Joseph Drouhin, a French-Oregon collaboration). Paired with a freshly baked sourdough Boule and heirloom tomato/leek soup, we ate like royalty tonight. A year ago were on day 2 of a 10-day trip in the Oregon wine country. Two years ago, my son and I were ready for depart for 2 weeks in Belgium.
I guess we were celebrating surviving Covid, enjoying Nikon Café, Bob's new glass and his living room window, Mike's trip to Vermont, and Indigenous peoples day. Any excuse for a feast.

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

A toast to all my Nikon friends—now back to Bob's Thanksgiving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good choice of wine, and a great vintage.

We just got some Spanish Jamon Iberico (ham from Spanish black pigs that feed almost exclusively on acorns) from a deli in Salt Lake City. We weren't able to get our traditional and preferred wine (a white Rioja from R. Lopez de Heredia Rioja, Vina Tondonia, Reserva 2007) or a decent dry Sherry, so we indulged in a Dundee Hills Pinot from Joseph Drouhin, a French-Oregon collaboration). Paired with a freshly baked sourdough Boule and heirloom tomato/leek soup, we ate like royalty tonight. A year ago were on day 2 of a 10-day trip in the Oregon wine country. Two years ago, my son and I were ready for depart for 2 weeks in Belgium.
I guess we were celebrating surviving Covid, enjoying Nikon Café, Bob's new glass and his living room window, Mike's trip to Vermont, and Indigenous peoples day. Any excuse for a feast.

View attachment 1671898

View attachment 1671896

View attachment 1671897

A toast to all my Nikon friends—now back to Bob's Thanksgiving.
Now that's a nice way to celebrate. Great wine, good food and lots to be thankful for.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom